Who are we?
We are the Resource Productivity and Recovery Authority (Authority) and our vision is: “A circular economy today for a waste-free tomorrow.”
Our mandate from the Government of Ontario is to advance a circular economy by enforcing the requirements of the Resource Recovery and Circular Economy Act, 2016 (RRCEA) and the Waste Diversion Transition Act, 2016 (WDTA), and their associated regulations.
Who are you?
You are an experienced IT Manager, who is also a passionate advocate for the environment. You go out of your way to reduce, reuse, and recycle, and envision a waste-free future for Ontario.
You are looking for a role in which you can work with industry-leading technology while helping to shape the future direction of IT for a new and rapidly growing organization.
Why choose RPRA?
We are a small team in start-up mode operating in an entrepreneurial environment. We are looking for team players who know what all hands-on deck means, can hit the ground running, and are ready to make the job their own. You will be a part of a collaborative team doing ground-breaking and meaningful work with a critical environmental and economic mission.
As part of our team you will enjoy:
- A full-time permanent position offering a competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits including a defined contribution pension plan, and 3 weeks’ vacation
- Convenient location on the Yonge subway line at Sheppard Avenue, and monthly transit support if you commute via public transit
What you’ll be doing:
As our new IT Manager, you willmanage and oversee our day-to-day IT operations.
You will report to the Director, Information and Information Technology, and have one direct report. You will work with technology including but not limited to: Windows Server, Active Directory, VMWare, Exchange 2016 and Exchange Online, MS Office, One Drive, SharePoint, Amazon Connect, Sophos Firewall, Salesforce.
Your practical responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing day-to-day network and infrastructure support, ensuring infrastructure is reliable, secure, cost efficient, and strategically sound
- Managing internal projects related to the installation, configuration, maintenance, and upgrades of the technical infrastructure
- Administering system functionality and availability including development and delivery of disaster recovery and business continuity plans and processes
- Overseeing end-user technical support and providing support for escalations and/or coverage
- Ensuring proper documentation and developing and maintaining corporate I&IT policies and procedures
- Assisting in supporting our overall facilities and related technical infrastructure needs (e.g. setting up equipment for staff, assisting with office moves, etc.)
- Planning for future business needs and technology improvements
- Managing department employees including performance management and recruitment
- Serving as the main liaison to one of our managed services providers looking after internal equipment
This is an incredible opportunity to use your technical expertise to make a meaningful difference by supporting a team working towards establishing a new economy in which all waste is reused, recycled and reintegrated.
And while your technical expertise will be the foundation of your success in this role, it is your curiosity, hunger for continuous improvement, and aptitude for leadership that will make you stand out.
You will enjoy a varied role with daily opportunities to work with new and interesting technology. You will also have the opportunity to lead and participate in diverse projects that will allow us to take our organization to the next level and continue growing.
Working at the Resource Productivity and Recovery Authority
This is a full-time, permanent position working Monday to Friday, during regular business hours. Our office is conveniently located on the Yonge subway line at Sheppard Avenue. If you commute to work via public transit, we will also provide a monthly stipend.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an IT Manager working in a Windows-based environment, with sound knowledge of and experience with information technology strategic and operational planning
- Experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, VMWare, Exchange 2016 and MS Office, One Drive, SharePoint, Sophos Firewall (or similar), Salesforce (or similar CRM)
- Experience leading and supervising an IT team and/or direct reports
- MCSE certification
- Degree or diploma in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Technology, or related
And here’s what would be a plus:
- Experience with Amazon Connect
- Experience working in a complex regulatory environment
- Experience working in a start-up organization
- Proven track record as an IT project management lead using agile methodology
- ITIL certification or training
How to Apply
Our online application will allow you to apply for this position as a complete person – not just a resume with key words. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.