On behalf of our client in Burnaby, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Network Analyst for a full-time permanent opportunity.
The Network Analyst performs a variety of duties related to configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and utilization of network and telecommunications solutions and infrastructure in a complex enterprise environment.
Day to day activities include:
- Developing and documenting systems procedures, developing specifications, performing monitoring, diagnosis, troubleshooting and reporting of the network and telecommunications solutions and infrastructure environment by utilizing knowledge and experience in ITIL best practices.
- Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science, 3+ years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Takes immediate action to resolve technical problems reported by the Service Desk, monitoring alerts, or others and resolves network and telecommunication problems by performing tasks such as analyzing and diagnosing problems, troubleshooting and formulating solutions including repairs, replacements, moves, adds and changes of equipment related to network and telecommunication operations.
- Engages with external contacts, including vendors and external partners, on issues regarding technical infrastructure to coordinate, troubleshoot and implement remediation activities. Escalates issues to designated staff as required.
- Monitors network, telecommunications, and hardware and software systems relating to Technology Services by methods such as looking for faults/exceptions, making or recommending adjustments, and escalating issues or potential issues as required. Verifies all incidences are logged by methods such as reviewing system automated alerts for priority assignment, logs incidents and resolves or assigns to another team.
- Provides support and maintenance of the organizations’ platforms and infrastructure by monitoring systems for hardware failures, software failures, high utilization levels, and unauthorized access to maintain efficient operation. Makes recommendations to the relevant service owner for improving system reliability, management, performance and security.
- Verifies installation, user security access, and maintenance of equipment; confirms control protocols are assigned and monitored according to standards and policies.
- Participates in corporate-wide backup and recovery planning and procedures for all network and telecommunication infrastructure(s) by performing tasks such as testing network redundancy and system recovery procedures.
- Adapts existing, or creates new, reports from data repositories for purpose of network trending and analysis or inventory needs.
- Participates in the implementation of new systems and platforms by way of developing implementation and sustainment procedures, verifying results and testing in lab/test environment and takes action to correct any faults
- Provides coordination and escalation support for moves, additions, and changes to network and telecommunications technical systems by providing technical advice and troubleshooting support.
- Applies scheduled and corrective maintenance to network and telecommunications systems as required.
- Prepares and maintains documentation such as systems diagrams, inventory records, process and procedure guides, cable schematics, wiring closet details and systems configuration.
- Provides tier 2 escalation support to monitoring teams during issue triage and resolution.
- Recommends and implements approved configuration changes to optimize monitoring and response capabilities related to network and telecommunications systems.
Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
We’re wired for people.