Sitecore is the global leader in experience management software that enables context marketing. The Sitecore® Experience Platform™ manages content, supplies contextual intelligence, automates communications, and enables personalized commerce, at scale. It empowers marketers to deliver content in context of how customers have engaged with their brand, across every channel, in real time—before, during, and after a sale. More than 5,200 brands––including American Express, Carnival Cruise Lines, easyJet, and L’Oréal–– have trusted Sitecore for context marketing to deliver the personalized interactions that delight audiences, build loyalty, and drive revenue.
Sitecore is experiencing spectacular growth all over the world. To build on Sitecore’s success and growth, we’re looking for a skilled Program Manager to work as part of our IT Department.
The position can be based at Sitecore offices in Manchester, NH or Gatineau, Canada
The candidate will be responsible for the successful delivery of programs/projects on time and within budget and scope. The candidate will also be responsible for the successful delivery of proposed changes, co-ordination of the program's projects, management of their inter-dependencies, and ensuring consistency within Sitecore’s strategy and goals.
The successful candidate with have good business judgment, strong technical expertise, strategic thinking and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
- Drive the planning process to develop high level plans for the program, and mid-level and detailed plans for each stage / work-stream, identifying activities, tasks, dependencies and milestones
- Ensure effective quality assurance and the overall governance/integrity of the program - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the program, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programs and corporate, technical and specialist standards
- Ensure the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the program plan and program governance arrangements
- Manage tracking of progress (across all teams involved) and budget against plan and take action to minimize slippage, reporting regularly to IT and/or business management as appropriate
- Ensure there is allocation of common resources and skills within the program's individual projects
- Manage third party contributions to the program and communications with all stakeholders
- Manage third parties who are responsible for implementing the project, from project management to development activities
- Manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects and risks to the program's successful outcome
- Sets standards and templates for project initiation to development
- Manage risks, issues and change requests for each project
- Plan and design the program and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Define the program's governance arrangements
- Work with the business product owner or equivalent on the transition to the new business as usual position
- Carry out project closedown activities, including transition to operations and review
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers
- Proven working experience as a project manager (c. 3 years)
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- An ideal mix of consulting and in-house experience
- Strong communicator
- Effective problem solver, who has the ability to navigate the distributed organization
- Ability to make decisions independently
Sitecore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other local legally protected characteristic.