We are Traffic Tech, the hardest working team in transport. We have one mission: to deliver the extraordinary, every time.
We are proud of our hard working and dynamic corporate culture. We believe that inspiring our employees and giving them opportunity for growth translates into better service for our clients. Each and every Traffic Tech employee is personally invested in ensuring our clients receive the most innovative, efficient and cost-effective solution available.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing and delivering the overall project and its deliverables by acting as the customer’s single point of contact for the project. This includes responsibility for planning and executing project activities and managing resources to ensure the established scope, budget, time and quality goals are met.
- Project Initiation
- Identify and negotiate project resource requirements with internal departments, set delivery expectations, and evaluate delivery performance;
- Project Delivery
- Direct accountability for planning and executing multiple concurrent Agile or Waterfall projects to meet project performance criteria (on time, within scope, on budget, and quality standards) as defined in the project statement(s);
- Develop project estimate basis using Agile software development estimation techniques
- Work with Product and resource owners to identify internal and external stakeholders, and then lead stakeholders management activities throughout the project life cycle;
- Facilitate interactions between Technical Leads, Project Delivery Staff, and QA Leads to ensure that project delivery and testing completion are aligned
- Facilitate cross-departmental project delivery activities, and gain commitment for delivery while managing competing demands, to ensure that project delivery dates are not compromised
- Plan project implementations, facilitate implementation dry runs/testing, and lead “Go Live” activities to ensure production implementations do not adversely impact the production environment
- Escalate material issues and risks to leadership in a timely fashion
- Ensure that Organizational Change Management activities are completed to drive product adoption
- Project Improvement
- Conducting post project evaluations identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Project Controls
- Create and maintain project financials, budgets and forecasts using Excel; provide accurate and timely project financial submissions;
- Develop, and support the development, of presentations to senior management regarding project scope, schedule, budget, and current status updates.
- Team Leadership
- Provide project leadership: set clear goals, engage team members, resolve conflict and recognize team member contributions appropriately;
- Conduct regular lessons learned sessions to ensure continuous improvement of project teams.
- 5+ years of experience leading large, multi-stakeholder business focused application development involving:
- Web Technologies
- Transportation and/or Supply Chain
- Financial, ERP or CRM components
- Experience in delivering Customer facing applications is an asset;
- Rapidly learn new business processes and business operating practices and apply this knowledge to improve project planning and delivery;
- Deliver Custom Development, and/or Application Integration projects using Agile SCRUM methodology;
- Lead Statement of Work development, participate in contract negotiations.
- Hands-on experience using Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, and JIRA to plan and deliver projects
- Ability to communicate and influence decision making at VP and Director levels, with demonstrated prioritization and conflict resolution experience;
- Advanced project management practical expertise across knowledge areas: scope, time, cost, quality, human resource, communication, risk and procurement and system integration;
- University degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration.
- Project Management Professional certificate (PMP) or equivalent experience;
- PMI-ACP or Certified Scrum Master would be considered an asset.
What we offer!
- Robust industry with training and mentorship
- Compensation package that include Medical and Dental benefits
- Free parking, employee training center, full-service bistro and a health club!
- Dynamic environment and ‘can-do’ culture
- Shuttle Bus from/to Terminus Fairview
This is a full-time permanent position!
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.