Resource Development Manager (Technical Recruiter) – Modis Canada
About Modis – We make Exceptional Connections
To succeed in the complex world of technology, you need exceptional connections - to the right experts, the right opportunities and the right answers. You'll find Modis right in the center of this ever-changing technological world - uncovering opportunities and connecting possibilities.
As a global provider of IT staffing services and the second largest in North America, Modis connects the very best IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. And we do it every single day - for both temporary and permanent assignments and across virtually all industries. We use our insight, flexibility and expanded resources to anticipate the needs of leading tech companies and help them make exceptional connections with top tech talent.
Success is about making the right connections between people, solutions and objectives. With Modis, you can take a strategic approach to boosting performance through an optimal mix of internal staff, outside consulting resources and project outsourcing. And because we take the time to properly understand the needs of our clients and candidates, we can help them make exceptional connections and achieve greater levels of success.
Yes, the world of technology is a complex place. But from our perspective, we see things clearly.
MODIS is searching for enthusiastic, passionate and customer-oriented candidates with a competitive team spirit and demonstrated success in a sales-driven environment.
Benefits of joining our Toronto team include:
- Great opportunities for professional development and personal growth
- Extensive and in-depth new hire training on recruiting and sales with a concentration on the IT industry
- Access to our corporate online training system courses
- Dynamic and diverse culture with a rewarding and friendly team-oriented environment
- Comprehensive Group Health and Dental Benefits Plan for full-time permanent staff with an Employee & Family Assistance Program and an extensive disability coverage program
- Rewarding Corporate Recognition Program
- Unlimited earning potential, including a competitive commission structure
- Workplace Challenges and Contests
- Monetary Referral incentive programs
- Competitive personal day policy
- Global sports initiative and corporate citizenship program to give back to the community
- Corporate Discounted Gym Membership rate for employees and their dependents
- Easily Accessible and central Downtown Toronto Office location along public transit line
- Located in an amenity-rich office complex with access to the PATH
Responsibilities of the Resource Development Manager will include but not limited to:
The Resource Development Manager (RDM) reports into the Recruiting Director, Enterprise Solutions, Toronto. This position requires an employee to perform all IT Recruitment functions necessary to successfully develop and maintain a productive IT consultant base and place these consultants on assignment with our MSP clients. This position will perform essential functions not limited to sourcing and qualifying candidates, client facilitation, negotiate pay rates, and ensure the successful completion of consultant onboarding and maintenance. This position will work under constant change and tight submission deadlines for quick turn arounds.
Sourcing and Qualifying IT MSP Candidates
- Develop strategies to find qualified candidates within tight submission deadlines and constraints
- Utilize and understand the necessary tools available to find the qualified candidates
- Obtains leads and referrals from candidates during the screening process
- Responsible for updating the database with new and updated resumes and documenting activities
- Conduct In Office Interviews (IOIs) of candidates to successfully evaluate their skills and experience for an assignment
- Conduct skills assessment to evaluate candidate’s technical skills and competencies
- Assess candidate’s ability to fit the environment of the job requisition and client
- Develop hot book of pre-qualified candidates
- Conducts reference checks
Client Interview Facilitation
- Works with the Business Development Managers (BDMs) on coordinating interviews between client and candidate
- Prepare candidates for client interviews by providing them pertinent information on the job requirement, hiring manager/s, team environment and client company background
- Gain feedback from the candidate regarding the interview to provide to the Business Development Managers (BDMs)
- Close candidate after the interview to take the position with client company
Negotiating Pay Rates
- Negotiate a mutually beneficial rate of pay for the consultant and Modis
- Secure profitable rate of pay in order for Modis to meet or exceed their profit projections
- Gain a commitment from a candidate to accept an offer of assignment
Consultant Onboarding and Maintenance
- Coordinate with the Administrative Team to ensure that the candidate receives all the necessary paperwork to meet Modis’ high standards of obligations relating to Modis’ business practices
- Work with the Administrative Team to ensure all paperwork is completed and returned to the branch in a timely manner
- Process and communicate extensions to the candidate for each extension request from the client manager
- Develop long-term relationships with consultants while out on assignment
- Maintain communication with consultants while on assignment including visits at the client site when necessary
- Respond to questions or concerns raised by the consultant regarding the assignment
- Assists consultants in career counselling and resume revisions
- Provides potential leads to Solutions Consultants
- Participates in Trade Shows/Job Fairs
- Participates in branch reporting as needed
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties are required
MODIS CANADA RETAINS THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MODIFY JOB DUTIES AT ANY TIME. THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT ALL ENCOMPASSING. NEEDS AND REQUIREMENTS MAY VARY BETWEEN LOCATIONS AND ACCORDING TO BUSINESS NECESSITY.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- College or university degree preferred in Business, Human Resources or related field;
- Minimum 2-5 years of recruitment experience, and a proven track record of success, in an IT Staffing Industry
- Prior Enterprise Sector IT experience and sourcing for MSP accounts/clients is required
- Proven track record of recruiting for technology roles
- RPR or CHRP designation would be an asset;
- Experience in a large multinational company an asset;
- Clear understanding of the end to end recruitment lifecycle processes;
- Must have experience on sourcing resumes from all sources not limited to professional Networking and Social Media Sites i.e. LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong English Language communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Exceptional customer service skills
- A strong sales attitude with results -driven approach
- High sense of urgency and is adept at multi-tasking
- Excellent computer knowledge specifically in Microsoft Office Suite; Applicant tracking Systems i.e. Bullhorn, video teleconferencing
- Team player attitude and willingness to take direction
- Ability to work within a large corporate environment
- Ability to build strong relationships externally with candidates and clients as well as internally with consultants and colleagues.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize workload and independently complete a variety of administrative duties;
- Demonstrate a good level of professionalism, maintain discretion and work collaboratively with team
- Flexibility with the ability to adjust and refocus priorities based on changing business needs
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified individuals are invited to apply for immediate consideration. Please send your updated word resume to Jonathan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest.
Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.