Modis is searching for an Information Technology (IT) Security Analyst for a long-term assignment for our public-sector client in the Ottawa area.
- Must have attained a degree or diploma from a Canadian college or university
- Must have 5+ years’ experience working in a network security role
- Must have 5+ years’ experience completing, or assisting in the completion of, IT threat and risk assessments
- Must have 1+ years’ experience with task authorization issuance, in security testing, vulnerability management and implementing action plans to address identified issues.
- Must hold a valid SECRET security clearance
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- In consultation with the ISSO, ensure the continued accreditation of the IS for which he/she is responsible including:
- Ensure all system users have the appropriate clearances and need-to-know for access to the system
- Coordinate the creation/deletion of user accounts
- Ensure all users receive the security briefing and sign a Statement of Understanding and Compliance
- Provide a monthly activity report that summarizes all activities and deliverables for the month
- Create and maintain IT security Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation for deployed server and workstation technologies
- Assist in the achievement and maintenance of an acceptable state of security
- Test and recommend new software and hardware solutions to assist the planning, execution, and success of experiments and training events
- Assist with the physical setup and installation of server and workstation hardware required to support experimentation and training events
- Develop IS Security procedures, proposals for safeguards, and contingency plans;
- Assist in the completion of, and keep up to date, all Threat Risk Assessments (TRA) associated with assets
- Assist with documenting and coordinating with the ISSO all major decisions made during the system’s life cycle in support of the accreditation
All candidates must possess a federal government security clearance at the level of SECRET or higher – please include the file number with your application.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submission to the client.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!