Permanent Job Hiring Cyber Security Analyst System Network Admin 70-90k Kanata based
Your new company
Headquartered in Kanata, our client is Canada's finest northern airline serving north Canada for over 60 years. Due to a promising merger, there are many exciting changes and technology upgrades going on, we are earnestly looking for a medium to senior IT security analyst in the Kanata office outside Ottawa city.
Your new role
As this IT security analyst, your position is a hands-on operational role for the IT Security and compliance program and plays a key role in ongoing efforts to mitigate the airline's exposure to cyber risks. You will be responsible for ensuring information systems are configured and maintained in a fashion consistent with the prescribed policies, procedures and standards. This includes enforcing compliance standards such as PCI DSS,investigating potential deviations from stated positions and from various alerting systems.The key responsibility of this position pertains to
- Maintaining and ensuring organisational PCI compliance with respect to various lines of business including: outsourced initiatives; e-commerce applications; call centres; legacy systems; etc.
- Planning or conducting security audits at the direction of management including: vulnerability scans, penetration tests, process audits, social engineering audits, etc.
- A large portion of the responsibilities of this role involves the evaluation of security events and monitoring alerts either internal or from outsourced security services.
- Being the primary contact for the contracted security services.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have minimum 3 years of Information Security practice experience preferably in airline or transportation industry. Other key requirements include:
- A Bachelor's Degree in engineering or computer science or in another relevant field.
- Should hold at least one security industry certification, such as CISSP, CISA, CISM or SANS GIAC or demonstrate a willingness to pursue such a credential.
- A technical background with technical certifications an asset (Cisco, VMware, Citrix, Microsoft)
- Project Management certification an asset
- 5 plus years of experience as a technologist (system administration) with a developing focus on information security and business analysis
- Experience with information security concepts and controls (both technical and conceptual)
- Experience interpreting and actioning data from a security information and event management (SIEM) platform.
- Broad exposure to PCI DSS with at least 1 year experience working in environments subject to compliance.
- Broad understanding of networking technology, server infrastructure, various communication protocols, operating systems, hardware platforms, data centre operations, telecommunications, virtualization, storage technologies, remote user management, MPLS, Databases, Office 365, Azure, and AWS Cloud Services, VOIP and POTS/PBX telephony.
- Experience with data, network and internet security technologies and products including: firewalls, routers, network intrusion prevention, host based intrusion detection devices, file integrity monitoring systems, vulnerability testing, web application layer firewalls, encryption key management, security information and event management systems.
What you'll get in return
You will be working in a well-established airline group with lots of exciting upgrades and changes happening, where your input make a difference with your specialities. You will be able to not only voice your opinion in the technology decisions, but also manage vendors and challenge yourself. The pay is competitive of up to 90,000 per annul plus 3 weeks of vacation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.