- Toronto, ON
- Full-time, permanent position working Monday-Friday
- Conveniently located on the Yonge subway line (Yonge/Eglinton)
- Competitive salary, benefits, and three weeks’ vacation to start
- Non-profit organization
The ever-changing landscape of technology keeps you engaged and interested in the IT industry. But if we asked you what gets you out of bed in the morning, you would say it all comes down to people.
If you’re in search of an opportunity where you can blend your passion for people with your IT and technical support skills, then we’ve got the role for you.
Our team is currently search of an IT Support Specialist. That’s where you come in.
About the Position:
As our new IT Support Specialist, your focus is to provide hands-on technical application support to our staff and various other stakeholders.
You will be the subject-matter expert for our team, supporting our full scope of IT applications. You’ll serve as the administrator for a variety of our organization’s applications, will help resolve technical issues for our staff, and provide all end-user training for our software and tools.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Provide IT support to all end-users utilizing our help desk ticket system
- Act as administrator for corporate applications (delegating user access, managing security, data integrity, gathering & documenting user requirements, version upgrades, and preparing system technical documentation)
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert in the usage of our application tools
- Coordinate and administer end user training and onboarding for IT applications
- Support commonly used devices such as mobile phones, tablets, boardroom AV/equipment
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures, policies, forms, and user/issue logs and reports
You stand out as an IT professional because you operate with professionalism, empathy, patience, and a sense of urgency. You are dedicated to people first, which is why our team will feel comfortable coming to you for any technical support they need, no matter how big or small their issue is. You’re a clear communicator, with a keen ability to articulate complex technical concepts to those less technically savvy than you.
The best person for this role will also be self-motivated and self-directed. We’ll empower you to act independently and will appreciate your proactive nature. You are forward-looking with an ability to identify potential issues and act on them, without needing to be asked.
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to jump into a fast-paced role where you can make a difference, you belong here.
Working with Us:
If you’re looking to build a career as part of a dynamic, well-established non-profit organization, this is the role for you. As part of our collaborative team, you’ll enjoy opportunities for both personal and professional development, as well as the chance to work with a team dedicated to their mission.
The target start date for this position will be January 2020.
Here are our must haves:
- 5+ years of experience in a hands-on IT or technical support role, focused on IT application and hardware support
- Experience as an administrator for corporate applications
- Advanced proficiency with supporting the following applications: Office 365, SharePoint, Windows, DocuSign, Adobe Suite
- Experience configuring API links between databases
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field
And here’s what would be an asset:
- Experience providing technical support to any of the following applications is preferred: QuickBooks, Sage50, ADP, SAP Concur, MS Power BI, Tableau, WordPress, social media platforms
- Proficiency with any of the following: SQL, XML, Json, HTTP, HTML5
- Experience working in a non-profit organization or educational institution
- ITIL Certification
- Any relevant Windows/Microsoft certification
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.