Who we’re looking for:
A relationship builder with a proven knack for connecting people with opportunities. Someone that holds a solid understanding of IT and experienced at assessing their technical and soft skill abilities. An individual that understands the concept of building relational partnerships with educational institutions and technical communities to create talent pipelines and opportunities. A natural influencer that is experienced with helping others to get on board with an idea or an opportunity.
We are hiring for a new position at Alberta Blue Cross and if this sounds like you, we'd like to meet you!
Reporting to the Manager, we'd like you to help us attract, grow and retain our internal IT people-resources as well as our external IT relationships. We are building out and delivering an IT Talent Management program that will ensure we have the right people at the right time to build the right things.
At Alberta Blue Cross, we are dedicated to exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We are committed to providing the best health coverage for our members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage social meetings extensively to market and attract talent.
- Assist in building our internal processes for IT recruitment (in partnership with HR), IT education and certifications, and IT employee retention and satisfaction.
- Develop strategies for identifying both active and passive job seekers in IT.
- Develop methods of promoting Alberta Blue Cross as an IT destination within the Edmonton area and raising the profile of the organization within the IT community.
- Working with both IT and HR to develop job descriptions and postings to meet the growing and changing needs of the organization.
- Help build out an end to end IT employee experience lifecycle from recruitment, to onboarding, and IT career/skill development.
- Build/leverage relationships with educational institutions to create pipelines of potential hires.
- Understand the tech community landscape and leverage networking and relationships into candidate opportunities.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with external IT talent agencies.
- Build out processes and plans for helping IT teams plan for future staffing/skill needs as well as areas of risk and growth.
- Build out skills inventories and training plans to keep internal skills growing to meet upcoming demand.
- Build out internal IT employee progression paths and look for ways to make those processes repeatable and transparent.
- Develop and coordinate methods of testing and evaluating technical skills and abilities.
Reporting and Metrics
- Manage and coordinate internal IT position management.
- Work with our IT administrative staff in producing reports on vacancies, recruitment metrics, and turnover analysis.
- Build reporting around talent matrices to demonstrate areas of strength and opportunity.
- Help build out internal IT Communities of Practice for skill-building, knowledge sharing, and risk mitigation.
- Help to determine success criteria for the communities including outcomes and measures.
- Provision of support for the IT Community leads.
What you’ll have:
- University degree or diploma preferably in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Previous technical IT experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate IT technical talent and skill both through testing and in-person conversations.
- Strong business acumen, experience, and understanding.
- High level of professionalism and the ability to work with senior leaders to achieve goals.
- Passion and skill for people and relationship building.
- Experience recruiting IT technical talent.
- Leadership experience and aptitude are preferred for this role.
- Connections and knowledge of Edmonton's IT talent communities and educational institutions.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- A personality that is outgoing, friendly, relational, charismatic and committed to understanding and growing our corporate culture.
- Ability to do process mapping and refinement.