IT - Technical Specialist - SAP ABAP
Algoma Steel Inc.
105 West Street Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada P6A 7B4
Location of work (Same as Business Address)
For over a century Algoma has a proud history and strong traditions of being an industry leading manufacturer of hot and cold rolled sheet steels in carbon and high strength low-alloy grades and we are Canada’s only plate producer. We are integral to the making of many of our modern day buildings, products and appliances. Our steel is used in construction, mining, manufacturing, automotive, shipbuilding, energy resources including renewable energy and military applications throughout North America. Today’s steel industry is rapidly evolving and so are we, bringing new products to market that our customers need for their success. We are inviting everyone who has a talent and drive for superior performance, a desire to be part of a team of steel industry professionals focused on transforming our company to continue our century long tradition of delivering high quality steel products to our customers, improving the quality of life for our community, demonstrating industry-leading environmental stewardship and providing rich and rewarding careers for our employees.
- Reviews requested system changes and translates functional requirements into technical specifications clearly and accurately.
- Provides analytical and design expertise.
- Provides work estimates as requested.
- Designs, develops, implements and maintains Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements and Forms on SAP ECC.
- Designs, develops, implements and maintains oData services for SAP mobile technologies like SAP Fiori.
- Co-ordinates and / or performs testing of system modifications.
- Communicates system changes and issues to all levels.
- Prepares or updates appropriate documentation before, during and after any system change to fully support the changes / new functionality being implemented.
- Acts as a technical subject matter expert on programming, system design, and development related standards, policies, procedures and activities. This includes leading code and design reviews within a team.
- Executes system quality control practices and procedures.
- Collaborates in a cross-functional team environment
- Participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Develops, provides, or coordinates system training, educational tools and materials.
- Adheres to Algoma’s IT Service Management processes for Incident, Service Request and Change Management.
- Support and drive the achievement of continuous improvement objectives in the IT department.
Core Competencies and Skills Required
- A degree with an engineering or computer science concentration.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience programming in SAP ABAP/4.
- Strong skills in using ABAP proxys, Enhancements, Data Dictionary, Dialog Programming, Classical and Interactive Reporting, ALV, Interfaces, Conversions, IDocs, BAPIs, RFCs (Remote Function Call), ALE, Smart Forms and EDI
- Experience integrating SAP systems with external systems through PI or using various adapters.
- Experience in developing and integrating oData services
- Experience in Netweaver Gateway integration and SMP integration for mobile technologies
- Experience in using Web Dynpro for ABAP and RF programming is desirable.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent analytical / trouble shooting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of IT systems, software or processes.
- Understanding of steel industry processes and systems
- Must be willing to work in an industrial manufacturing environment with 24 x 7 operations.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, in a community that offers superior quality of life, we encourage you to apply today.
To apply or to learn more about our company, please visit www.algoma.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace. Accommodation is available for applicants with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position Type: Fulltime Permanent Position
Language Requirement: Speak, Read & Write English
Work week: 40 hours
Salary Range: $83,200.00 - $97,230.00
Benefits Package: Extended Health Benefits package, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Two Weeks’ Vacation
Contact Information: Toni Adams, Human Resources – (705) 945-2236
Extended Health Benefits package, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Two Weeks’ Vacation