We wake every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and turquoise lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We’re united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can’t be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they’ll share with their friends and families for years to come. It’s all about sharing our amazing destinations. We have gathered a collection of adventure travel experiences, each of them thoughtfully united by their power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.
- Our Vision is to be the world’s leading provider of experiential adventure travel.
- Our Mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences.
- Perform evening supervision of the maintenance activities at five properties in the Jasper townsite;
- Answer after-hours maintenance calls (11:00pm to 7:00am) for all properties;
- Assist with the upkeep of all company vehicles;
- Coordinate maintenance activities with Maintenance Supervisors and Chief Engineer;
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of all staff housing units;
- Assist with the coordination of all renovations on the property;
- Communicate, and perform preventative maintenance of the property;
- Document and ensure proper communication through a maintenance logbook;
- Train and mentor maintenance workers in all aspects of property maintenance;
- Supervision of all Maintenance Workers on your shift;
- Thorough knowledge of fire procedures;
- Frequent interaction with coworkers, management and guests;
- Assist with payroll control as it pertains to the Maintenance Department;
- Landscaping, snow removal, and parking lot cleaning;
- Painting and dry-walling when required on 5 in-town properties and Pyramid Lake Resort;
- Ensure, train, and participate in safe work practices;
- Perform and train staff in the duties of Maintenance Worker as required;
- Assist the Chief Engineer with major repairs to guest rooms and other areas; and
- Report to the Chief Engineer and complete all projects and tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Grade 12 Diploma;
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a related maintenance field (basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, pool treatment, and painting);
- Current Alberta pool operators certificate an asset;
- Willing to work on-call (rotating weekends and after-hours);
- Possess excellent mechanical ability and knowledge;
- Able to train staff and give direction;
- Able to perform administrative functions, and a basic knowledge of computers;
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of tools and their uses (tools provided);
- Ability to manage large workloads and demands, and effectively multitask; and
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving abstract.
- To honour our commitment to be “Always Honest” all employees must consent to a criminal record check
Thank you for your interest in working with us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.