What perks can you expect?
- Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team from around the globe
- Seasonal work experience in an iconic, unforgettable, and inspiring location
- Fast-paced and active position – get your step counter ready!
- The chance to work in an inclusive culture and make life-long friends
- Opportunities for career growth or future work at other Pursuit locations
- Access to one of the world’s most beautiful and iconic National Parks
What will you do in this job?
- Painting when required on 5 in-town properties and Pyramid Lake Resort
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance of the hotel properties while maintaining the highest standard of quality
- Daily duties to maintain the upkeep of all facilities including pools, restaurants, guest rooms and meeting rooms
- Frequent interaction with coworkers, management and guests
- Complete basic repairs to guest rooms and other areas of hotel, and assist supervisors and the Chief Engineer with major repairs
- Complete yard work as required including snow removal, gardening, mowing lawns, etc.
- Encourage and participate in safe work practices
- Assist other departments as required, including guest services, security, etc.
- Report to the Chief Engineer and complete all projects and tasks as assigned
What skills and experience do you need for this job?
Previous painting experience an asset
Creative thinking and problem solving skills
Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
Eager to learn and grow as a member of our dynamic team
Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Experience or knowledge in related maintenance areas is an asset (basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, pool treatment, and painting) but on-site training can be provided.
Basic knowledge of tools and their uses (tools provided)
Ability to manage large workloads and demands, and effectively multitask
Class 4 Alberta drivers license is an asset
To honour our commitment to be “Always Honest” all employees must consent to a criminal record check.
Thank you for your interest in working with us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
What will your work environment be like?
- Beautiful. You’ll work in an iconic, unforgettable and inspiring locations. You’ll see amazing scenery and wildlife. You’ll participate in team events – and fun!
- Independent. You’ll spend your days in and around our amazing properties.
- Remote. Our home is filled with trees, lakes and blue-bird skies; rather than buildings, freeways and smog.
- Busy. You need to be prepared for a physical working environment with walking, stair climbing, bending, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds with assistance) required
This job description describes this role at a high level, but no document can anticipate every single task, issue or project that could come up. We work as a team and believe that we succeed together – these job duties may change based on the needs of the team and company as a whole.
To handle this job successfully, any person hired must be able to perform responsibilities as described. Pursuit will make any reasonable accommodation to help a person with disabilities perform their job. This job is based in Alberta, Canada. Relocation to the area and the legal ability to work in Canada is required.