Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
The Legal, Compliance & Regulatory Technology organization provides IT support to the Morgan Stanley Legal and Compliance division. The Wealth Management Surveillance team builds and executes complex surveillance models that focus on monitoring the sales practices of the Firm’s financial advisor and overall suitability of client’s holdings. The business group will design the rules and behaviors that drive the model. The technology team is responsible for building various surveillance frameworks and controls to limit the Firm’s regulatory, litigation and reputational risk. We are looking for a Java Developer to join the development team in Montreal. The candidate will be working with global team in building Trade Surveillance solutions.
- Read and Understand requirements of Trade Surveillance
- Design the Trade Surveillance Scenarios following design template
- Write Java/Scala code and unit test cases
- Build, deploy and maintain all models
- Bachelor or higher degree in computer science or related majors
- 3+ years of appropriate technical experience with Core Java with strong understanding of J2EE
- 2+ years of Strong Database experience preferably with DB2, Sybase, or Oracle
- Strong experience on Enterprise Risk Case Management systems
- Complete SDLC process and Agile Methodology (Scrum)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional approach
- Working Experience on Hadoop, Spark and Hive
- High quality software architecture and design methodologies and patterns
- Work experience on work flow and Rule engine
- Hands on Data Mining and analytical work experience
- Layered Architecture, Component based Architecture
- Experience with Scala
- Design Patterns, preferably GoF set of patterns
- XML technologies including SAX, DOM, XSL, and SOAP - Excel spreadsheet generation and use
- Unix OS, Scripting, Python or Perl is a bonus
- Desired experience with Spring,Web services (Tomcat/Apache, Servlets), Data access APIs such as JDBC, Hibernate, Eclipse IDE
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.