Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas:
Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
The Global Settlements team is a multidisciplinary software development team working on the firm’s new system for processing over a trillion dollars of cash and securities a day.
The new global platform will be settling all securities and cash transactions in 84 markets around the globe. Being one of the most critical systems in the bank, the new platform must be highly available, will have to support high throughput and concurrency, and must be flexible to allow quick and easy onboarding of new markets. As we are building the system from scratch, we are carefully evaluating and choosing the best appropriate technology and the team members are playing an active role in making these decisions. Therefore, a position in our team offers a unique opportunity to work on challenging problems related to analysis, software architecture, design, implementation and DevOps practices.
The java developer role involves understanding and validating the requirements, designing and implementing software solutions and automated tests to prove that it is working as expected.
A successful candidate should be a highly motivated, analytically strong, independent and collaborative team player with a significant experience in software design and development, a strong technical background and excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in a similar role 3- 7 years of experience
- Excellent knowledge and extensive experience in the following:
- Object Oriented programming language(s)
- Relational Database(s): design, data manipulation, optimization and maintenance
- Messaging technology(s)
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, Software testing (approaches, tools and frameworks) and familiarity with Design Patterns.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Hands-on design and development for applications that require high availability, throughput, scalability, and concurrency
- Experience with Agile Development and DevOps
- Attention to detail, ability and desire to understand the business requirements in order to find the best technical solution to add value.
- Experience in delivering technical solutions solving specific business problems in an agile way.
- Excellent communication skills - being able to understand business requirements and to explain complex IT problems in simple terms to facilitate understanding of the issue for the non-IT audience.
- The candidate must also strongly appreciate and understand the impact of code/environmental changes on the business unit.
- Experience with of JMS (MQSeries), Kafka.
- Experience with Python, Unix scripting
- Experience with multithreaded systems.
- Experience with distributed caches (Gemfire, Coherence, etc) .
- Experience with Spring-batch, Spring-integration, Spring-boot.
- Exposure to working in a global delivery team.
- Familiarity with settlements and clearing processes.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.