Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
We are looking for a Java Developer who can take ownership for the whole end to end delivery, performing analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of the Statements application. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and is likely to have significant experience in application development, a strong technical background and good communication skills. He/she will interact directly with the users and with other technologists across the firm when using their framework/software. This position offers a unique opportunity to work in a highly visible area and gain an in-depth understanding of the Institutional Securities/Wealth Management business by interfacing with numerous business and technical areas.
Skills required (essential):
- 4+ Years of Java development experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent working knowledge of the following technologies: Java V6 & V8, SQL, spring, AngularJS.
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, familiarity with Design Patterns.
- Exposure to iterative / agile development practices.
- Comfortable with direct interaction with the non-technical users.
Skills desired (optional):
- Middleware (Soap/Xml/Messaging/RESTful services)
- Hands on experience with multithreaded systems.
- Exposure to working in a global delivery team.
- Familiarity with MQ, Autosys, and Hibernate
- Prior experience in investment banking
- Self-motivated with critical thinking and problem solving skills and works in a team environment
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.