Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
The Employee Investing and Activities Compliance (EIAC) development team is responsible for providing tools for the 3500+ designated managers through-out the Firm to assist them with their employee trading and outside business activities monitoring. We also provide reporting and search tools to support Employee Investment and Activities Compliance (EIAC) with their surveillance activities. Additionally the team is responsible for maintaining a golden source for employee transactional and referential data used in downstream reporting and surveillance and well as building and supporting applications used by employees to declare outside business interests and preclear their trading activity. As such, we are looking for a strong Java developer to join our development team in Montreal.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must have 5+ years strong experience with core Java
- Established technical knowledge in software development methodologies and implementation utilizing Java technology stack.
- Strong experience with SQL database development
- Established technical knowledge in software development life cycle and agile methodologies
- Comfortable with XML
- Experience with HTML
- Familiarity with CSS
- Good communication skills and will be able to work within an international team
- Self-motivated individual and creative thinker who will take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, demanding and team-orientated environment.
- Experience with Angular JS
- Experience with DB2
- Strong experience with source control tools and common IDE’s like Eclipse.
- Knowledge of Autosys, Unix commands and scripting
- Knowledge of financial service
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.