Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
We are looking for a strong Java Developer - Business Process Management to help advance the next-generation Operations platform and provide our clients with elegant and performant web applications. The team is an energetic team of highly intellectual and creative developers who work on bleeding edge projects using a variety of different technologies. The challenges we strive to solve include scalability/performance related to dealing with very large data sets and multiple data sources.
We are a global team with members in London, Budapest, New York, Montreal, Mumbai, Pune and Zapopan (Mexico). The role involves collaborating with global team members and provides a unique opportunity to network with a diverse group of people.
The candidate who fills the role of a Java Developer - Business Process Management in our team will be involved in building and creating data services from the requirements stage through deployment. A successful candidate is self-motivated, innovative, thinks outside the box, has excellent problem solving and communication skills and is able to work with clients and stakeholders from both the business and technology with ease.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field.
- 6 Years of experience in a similar role
- Full stack Java developer with experience on both backend-end and front-end technologies
- Able to develop Web services using REST/SOAP
- Good understanding of integration technology like JSON, XML, MQ, HTTP, TCP
- Familiarity with technologies like Java script, HTML, CSS, etc.
Nice to have
- Linux/Unix shell scripting
- Experience with any of BPM platforms (Pega PRPC, jBPM etc.)
- Experience and deep understanding of Agile and DevOps tools is an asset
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.