Ideal Start: April 2019
Length: Full-Time Employment
Work Location: Calgary
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Java Developer to join its team. The ideal candidate will be a fast learner and enjoy working within a small team. Initial project assignments will require the candidate to be knowledgeable in several technologies and to be able to quickly deliver quality solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Core technologies used: Java, Spring Boot, Angular, Tibco Business Works, MapR, Oracle, Microsoft SQL
- Provide expertise with application and database integration technologies, including solution and service-oriented architectures.
- Attend daily scrums, project meetings, and department meetings as required.
- Ensure adherence to development processes, standards and policies for deliverables.
- Hands-on development of SOA-related projects built in
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with Java technologies.
- Core skills should include Java, XML, Soap, JEE Compliant Application Services.
- Web design/implementation (e.g. HTML, java script, AJAX)
- Demonstrated experience implementing against SOA solutions that are scalable and highly available based on industry best practices.
- Experience with all aspects of the development life cycle.
- Experience operating within a software product development environment:
- Source code management systems (e.g. Git)
- Bug tracking/fixing system (e.g. JIRA)
- Use of continuous integration tools and automated build systems
- Proven ability in designing software applications following object-oriented methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Good SQL scripting experience for highly available environments with large data sets.
- Strong Unix/Linux programming/debugging skills
- Undergraduate technical degree (computer science or engineering) or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience applying secure software development best practices
- Experience applying SCRUM and other agile methodologies
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Modis will only present your resume to client’s when your explicit permission is obtained.
Modis maintains a general inbox for all IT candidates. If you are interested in being considered for other roles in the Calgary and/or Edmonton markets, please forward your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."