Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
We are looking for a senior delivery manager for Cash Settlements technology team in Montreal’s Cash Settlements technology team is part of Operations technology within Morgan Stanley. This team has 2 main products: OTC Pre-Settlements (Magnet) and Delivery Instructions (Sirius). Both of these products (Magnet and Sirius) are critical products for operations teams to settle all OTC transactions within the firm. Successful candidate will perform a variety of leadership roles mainly in the Delivery/Program Management area. You will be part of a global team, which also has presence in Montreal, Mumbai, London and New York, building systems that are critical to the business and solving problems to meet the ever changing regulatory environment. Candidate is also expected to evaluate multiple technologies and options to solve a problem and chose appropriate one for the task at hand. Being able to think of procedures to maintain the code/systems is also essential.
The candidate will manage full projects lifecycle utilizing onsite and offshore staff and consultants to meet the business requirements. This role requires credibility and confidence interacting with leadership and staff members of the firm’s business areas, branch offices and technology groups across the lifecycle of a project. Specific assignments will depend on the size and complexity of the project but will generally include: Manage Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from requirements through implementation. Track project’s risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies (RAID).
Create implementation runbooks across multiple lines of business and functional areas.
- Interpreting business requirements, functional specifications, and visual system designs, driving the development process, including working with Business Areas to schedule meetings, keeping development work on track to meet datelines, proactively identifying and managing issues/risks to full resolution.
- The individual needs to have a proven track record in leading and running large projects and development teams (20 or more developers).
- Prior experience of driving Agile methodology and DevOps practices in team.
- Summarize technology solution and explain to senior business stakeholders.
- You will be required to have experience interacting with and influencing senior stakeholders throughout the firm providing transparency and managing expectations.
- Understand the required regulations driving the projects.
- Work with Operations Leads, Business Analysts, Developers, Business SMEs and Test teams to deliver projects.
- The candidate will also need to demonstrate experience of having worked within an environment where priorities can change at short notice.
- Experience of agile and scrum methodologies
- Strong project planning skills
- 5+ years’ experience interpreting business requirements.
- Experience performing planning, architectural design, technical analysis and development of medium to high complexity projects
- Experience managing the day-to-day activities of a portfolio of applications and a technical development staff
- Track record of delivering results in complex or ambiguous environments
- Candidate should also have an entrepreneurial spirit and the flexibility to adapt as the business priorities evolve
- Full systems development life cycle experience
- Bachelor of Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Ability to evaluate multiple technologies and choose appropriate one for the problem at hand
- Develop maintenance procedures for the existing / new software
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Investment banking operations (i.e. Trade Processing, Settlement etc.)
- Any prior knowledge of OTC Products Settlement process will be huge plus
- Knowledge of Central Settlement and OTC Clearing
- A robust strategic thinker
- Strong Communication to engage with Senior Business Stakeholders
- Prior experience of working in global teams
- Leadership skills to drive and manage large development teams
- Able to communicate in a clear and succinct way with global stakeholders
Salary and Benefits:
- Full-time role (40hrs/wk)
- Salary offered: $95,000 – 120,000 per year
- Benefits offered: A corporate medical, dental and life insurance as well as short-term and long-term disability insurance plans, 4 weeks of vacation per year, 6% RRSP matching up to an annual cap of $8,000.
- Position located at 111 Robert Robert-Bourassa, Montreal, QC, H3C 2M1
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.