Client ID: 262596
Java Developer - On behalf of our financial services client, Procom KW is actively seeking a hands-on talented Java Developer for a 6 month contract position to work in their large enterprise client’s Waterloo Research and Development team.
Java Developer Job Details
The Java Solution Developer will be responsible for creating and maintaining enterprise applications and services that our business relies on. Working with business sponsors, analysts and other members of the technical staff, the Java Solution Developer will strive for efficiency and robustness in the designing, implementation, testing, and supporting of our applications using modern approaches, technologies and best practices in an innovative environment in uptown Waterloo.
Java Developer Responsibilities
-Work will be 70% Server side and 30% UI side development;
-Design and Develop major components and modules;
-Provide solutions to critical underwriter requests to support new business initiatives and improve efficiency, accuracy and compliance for existing underwriting processes;
-Participate in user request gathering and clarification;
-Improve software and related applications using proven architecture patterns, frameworks and libraries to sustain our competitive edge in risk analysis;
-Prototyping and POC development for urgent business needs;
-Improve technical foundation and design to move it closer to target architecture using proven frameworks and libraries;
-Work as part of a collective team environment, both providing suggestions on how to improve architecture and design of existing codebase and receptive to alternative design approaches.
Java Developer Mandatory Skills
Technology continues to evolve at a rapid pace. We need people who make it their mission to keep up with latest trends in order to benefit our customers and products.
- 2+ years of experience with Java server development with the latest frameworks and tools such as Spring, JPA/Hibernate, RESTful/Jersey as well as older frameworks such as JSP;
- Good working knowledge of MS SQL Server;
- Experience with Microservices in a Docker/Kubernetes environment.
We have embraced the Scrum process to allow us to deliver high business value quickly to our customers. As part of one of Scrum teams you can expect:
- Two week sprints with a release at the end of most sprints;
- Be an active and vocal participant in all Scrum ceremonies;
- Complete all work as according to our “definition of done”;
- Help identify areas for sharing of work with other team members;
- Swarm on high risk or complex stories;
- Perform other roles on the team (QA, Doc, etc…) as required to ensure success.
We all succeed or fail as a team! We are looking for individuals who will make our team stronger and help us all ensure success.
- You thrive while working inside a team;
- You have directly experienced the benefit of using Scrum and are a champion of the process;
- You are a vocal advocate for best practices, new technology and approaches;
- You feel strongly that constant face to face communication is the best way to express ideas and solve problems;
- You are not afraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo;
- You actively keep your technology skills current by investing time examining new exciting technology, platforms and different approaches;
- You embrace change;
- You are constantly looking for ways to improve.
Java Developer Nice to Have skills
-Experience with refactoring a large code base;
-Prototyping and Proof of Concept development for urgent business needs.
Java Developer Start Date
Java Developer Assignment Length
-6 month contract to start.