|Title||Cold Storage Forklift Operator|
|Company||McCain Foods (Canada)|
|McCain It’s All Good™ is our philosophy. As a food manufacturer, our business is driven by good people, making good food, from good ingredients – and the result is food that makes people feel good. But McCain It's all good ™ is not just about the food we make, it's about how we conduct ourselves in every aspect of our business. From farmer and customer relationships to sustainable agricultural processes – we strive to make every element of our business good. The McCain It's all good ™ philosophy underpins everything we do.|
McCain Foods is a world-leading food company and one of the largest manufacturers of frozen potato specialties. We also produce other foods including pizza, appetizers, vegetables, oven meals and desserts and our products can be found in restaurants and supermarket freezers in more than 160 countries around the globe. A privately owned company headquartered in Canada, we generate annual sales of CDN $9.1 billion, employ 20,000 people globally and operate 53 production facilities on six continents. We also own The Day & Ross Transportation Group – based in Hartland, New Brunswick – one of the largest transportation companies in Canada.
|Job Description||McCain Foods (Canada) – Florenceville Distribution Center is currently looking for a Forklift Operator/Order Picker to join our team. This team member will have primary responsibility for the safe operation of a lift truck while building partial pallets for key customers. This is a physical role requiring lifting of 40lbs and other physical tasks as well as rotating shifts.|
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drive in a defensive manner under “Shock Watch” guidelines to prevent product/equipment damage or injury
• Responsible for housekeeping and maintaining 5S within your work area
• Responsible to ensure fork lift battery rotation is followed
• Perform all other duties/tasks as assigned by foreman/supervisor
• Communicate any changes, issues, etc. to other operators and supervision
• Must maintain all required documentation and check sheets
• Ensure targets are met by following Standard work, understanding and supporting departmental KPI’s
• Must follow “Good Manufacturing Practices” (GMP’s) as outlined in the employee handbook.
• Must be willing to cross-train
• Complete vehicle operator’s checklist for lift truck to ensure lift truck is safe to operate.
• Required to operate various types of lift trucks, including stand up reach trucks throughout the warehouse
• Must be able to work varying shifts and weekends as the workload demands.
• Knowledge of WMS and experience operating forklifts would be an asset.
• Must be self-motivated, observant with good initiative and a positive attitude
• Must be willing and able to assume different tasks at anytime with minimal notice
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision, and get along well with others
• Must have Grade 12 or equivalent
• Must have, or be able to obtain, a forklift operators’ certificate for both counter balance and reach trucks.
• Able to work shift work; nights and weekends
• Knowledge of lift trucks and proper driving procedures
• Lifting is required, approximately 20 kgs
• Good attendance record is required
• Good written, oral and math skills are important
• Must attend team meetings as required
|*||McCain Foods is an EEO Employer that welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.|