SOFINA FOODS INC. IS NOW HIRING
Edmonton South Plant
Sofina Foods Inc. is a privately owned Canadian company headquartered in Markham, Ontario dedicated to providing great tasting, high quality food products for retail and foodservice. As one of the nation's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products, Sofina Foods has a broad portfolio of branded and private label pork, beef, turkey, and chicken products. Sofina's family of branded products consists of: Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fearmans Pork, Fletcher's, Vienna, Cuddy and Quality Meats. Sofina Foods currently operates 18 HACCP-approved manufacturing facilities (17 in Canada and one in the northwestern United States), three hatcheries and has over 4,700 employees.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE APPLYING THAT WE ARE A SLAUGHTER FACILITY / MEAT PROCESSING FACILITY / HATCHERY
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Electrician is responsible for performing a variety of tasks to ensure equipment and building repairs are completed in a timely manner, while adhering to quality, safety, food safety and legislative standards and guidelines. The Electrician provides a high level of maintenance expertise to assist in the attainment of department goals and achieving the Company’s objectives. Position works in a fast paced production environment.
- Accountable for the effective functioning of electrical equipment and systems in the facility.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform repairs.
- Complete work orders and preventative maintenance, as required.
- Install or fabricate parts as required to complete repairs, preventative maintenance or work orders.
- Identify and initiate parts requests to ensure completion of repairs, preventative maintenance or work orders. Assist MP2 Coordinator to ensure accurate and sufficient parts inventory.
- Assist with production line changes, setups and dismantles as required.
- Assist production with deep cleans.
- Accountable for the effective installation of new or modified equipment and/or systems for the facility.
- Responsible to repair non-trade issues and general plant maintenance tasks including but not limited to, caulking, changing lights, painting, etc.
- Accountable for ensuring a clean and organized work area (tool boxes, shop area, parts area). Ensures all tools are in good working order.
- Review and/or complete documentation/records to ensure accuracy and completion for Quality Assurance and regulatory bodies as required.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting potential food safety issues.
- Accountable to adhere to and utilize Company policies and procedures, and HACCP regulations.
- Accountable to ensure a safe work environment for coworkers, customers, and visitors.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Red seal journeyman electrician certification or recognized interprovincial equivalent.
- 5th Class Power Engineer certification is an asset.
- Minimum two years’ experience performing repairs in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with electrical equipment and systems in a production environment. Experience with welding, fabrication, machining, and power/manual tools would be an asset.
- Attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in food production is preferred.Working Conditions:
- Physical Effort – Continuously standing or walking. Regular requirement to lift, handle or carry material or equipment of a moderate to heavy weight.
- Physical Environment – Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, noise and fumes that cause noticeable discomfort and/or some risk of accident or illness.
- Sensory Attention – There is a regular need to pay attention, by hearing or seeing, to what is happening in your surroundings.
- Mental Stress – There is some regular pressure from deadlines or other productivity standards.
Build your career, apply today!