DescriptionSiemens Canada is building tomorrow’s talent. That’s Ingenuity for life.
For more than 100 years in Canada, Siemens has been offering engaging and sustainable employment opportunities to those shaping our future. It’s our tradition to promote lifelong learning, develop talent and recognize success.
Siemens is proud to be one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2018 (eight times total), one of Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 (six times total) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2018 (two times total).
Approximately 4,300 employees across Canada work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing. We stand for engineering excellence, innovation, reliability and responsibility.
The Journeyman Machinist role directly contributes and supports the repair operations of the Canadian Service Centers through the inspection and repair of Dresser-Rand & Siemens legacy rotating equipment. It directly impacts the Service Center business by providing client billable man-hours on work in the shop. The position will work closely with the Machinists and other Millwrights in all areas to complete jobs within the clients’ time frame under the mentorship of the Leadhand.
- Ensure work safety and follow all rules and procedures; work area is kept clean and organized
- Complete all required safety training
- Report all Near Misses, First Aids and Incidents to Supervisor
- Conduct Process / Behaviour Audits (PDAs) and report any safety concerns observed
- Attend and participate in all safety meetings; Attend and participate in all toolbox meetings
- Required to use all hand tooling, torches, milling machines and boring mills, precision measuring equipment and rigging and lathes; there is also overhead crane use
- Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of mechanical equipment issues
- Complete all jobs in a timely manner
- Support Lead Hand Millwright and / or Machinist in all functional areas
- Verify measurements of other Machinists’ work to meet ISO requirements
- Fill out all required work documents including: Specification in Process Record, Daily Work Progress, Assessments, Routings, Timesheets, etc.
- 2+ years of Journeyman Machinist experience
- Journeyman Machinist Certification(s)
- Ability to read and follow blueprints
- Ability to run both manual and CNC HBM, VTL, Lathes
- Must be able to lift 30 kg / 75 lbs
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous rotating equipment repair experience
- Ability to disassemble, inspect, repair and reassemble rotating equipment
- Honeing, Lapping, and NDT experience
- Willingness to travel across Canada for Field Operations, if needed
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca
Job Engineering and Field Technicians
Organization Gas and Power
Unposting Date Ongoing