North American Construction Group (NACG) has served as an industry leader in the heavy construction and mining industries for over 65 years. In that time, we’ve proven ourselves as a safe and reliable contractor who can complete projects of any size and scope. We’ve also taken a number of bold steps forward to broaden our footprint, expanding to mines outside our provincial borders, and providing third-party maintenance services to clients and customers.
In addition to providing employees with rewarding careers, North American has a whole lot more to offer:
- Significant Growth –As a company, NACG is rapidly expanding, and has practically doubled in size over the past year alone.
- Long Term Contracts – With over $1 billion dollars in contracted work booked through 2023, NACG can provide long term employment solutions and numerous opportunities for advancement.
- Commitment To Safety – With a top tier record for safety performance, NACG is dedicated to ensuring that everyone gets home safe, and constantly strives for a goal zero performance.
- Competitive Compensation – NACG provides competitive compensation packages for all employees.
- Attractive Benefits Package – With a substantial benefits package provided to all employees, NACG ensures that you are covered for life’s many surprises.
- GRRSP Matching – As you begin your new career, you can also start planning for the future thanks to NACG’s GRRSP matching.
North American Construction Group is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected.
Become a member of the North American family today!
The successful candidate will be required to join the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 955.
Location - Acheson shop.
Starting Rate: $41.21/hr
We are looking for a person who holds both a Journeyman Welding and Journeyman Machinist tickets.
- Develop a work scope
- Fabricate from blueprints
- Complete reports and fill out work orders when required
- Teach and evaluate apprentices
- Follow NACG codes of practice and safety procedures
- Show leadership skills
- 1-2 years experience working on heavy equipment
- Journeyman Machinist tickets (with welding experience)
- First Aid
- Strong communication skills
- Computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self motivated
- Willingness to learn
Rewards of our positions include competitive compensation and benefits packages and excellent career growth prospects. To explore this opportunity, please submit a resume of your experience and accomplishments in confidence.