Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/careers .
Lafarge Canada is currently recruiting for a Journeyman Mechanic.
Submit Resume to: Jennifer.Wong@lafargeholcim.com
- Unionized team environment, Teamsters Local 213
- Afternoon shift
- Primarily based out of South Vancouver shop but may be required to work out of other shops in the Fraser Valley and Metro Vancouver
- Must have knowledge and competency of safe work procedures
- Must have respect for company policies
- Must be willing to work as a team member
- Performing quality repairs & preventative maintenance services on ready mix trucks and heavy mobile equipment
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer's procedures and in a safe and responsible manner, within the designated time frame.
- Participate in technical and/or development training that is made available.
- Maintains the shop as a safe and healthy working environment.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with supervisors and other workers in all departments.
Experience and Skill Set:
- Experienced journeyman mechanic (preference towards red seal journeyman mechanic)
- Knowledge of Cummins and Paccar engines is an asset
- Experience in construction industry is an asset
- High level of interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Energetic and highly motivated
- Class 1 /3 license an asset
- Welding skills an asset
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Strong Analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Drive for results
- Change Management & adaptability
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
As the world leader in the building materials industry, LafargeHolcim Ltd and its subsidiaries have the assets necessary to meet the building and design challenges of today’s increasing urbanization. Globally, LafargeHolcim has 115,000 employees, a well-balanced local presence in 90 countries and combined net sales of CHF 33 billion (EUR 27 billion) in 2014. With the most innovative cement, concrete, and aggregates solutions, strong R&D and a commitment to health, safety, and sustainability, LafargeHolcim has the building solutions to meet customers’ needs, from the individual homebuilder to the largest and most complex project. We are committed to drive sustainable solutions for better building and infrastructure while contributing to a higher quality of life. We are positioned to deliver on this commitment.