Compass Minerals is a leading provider of essential minerals that solve nature's challenges, including salt for winter roadway safety and other consumer, industrial and agricultural uses, and specialty plant nutrition minerals that improve the quality and yield of crops. The company produces its minerals at locations throughout the U.S., Canada, Brazil and the U.K. Though the company’s history stretches back as far as 1844, Compass Minerals became a public company in December 2003. The company is part of the S&P MidCap 400 Index, the Russell 1000 Index and Named one of Forbes’ 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in America in 2015 and 2016, Compass Minerals’ mission is to be the best essential minerals company by delivering safely where and when it matters.
Compass Minerals is committed to creating a workplace that respects and values the diversity of the people and communities around us and where employees can thrive and deliver high-performing, sustainable organizational success. Our focus on diversity and inclusion is grounded in our company’s Core Values and is explicitly demonstrated in our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining diverse employees with the necessary skills to shape an inclusive organization. We especially strive to hire, retain and promote employees with a diversity of attributes, backgrounds, experiences and skills, who think differently, have varying perspectives and can bring forward unique ideas and points of view.
The Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) will report to the Maintenance Supervisor or his/her designate and be responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of a variety of industrial equipment. This includes but is not limited to: belt and screw type conveyors, bucket elevators, automated packaging and wrapping equipment, hydraulic presses as well as associated building infrastructure and support systems.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Valid Driver’s License
- Completion of a Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Provincial Certification as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- A minimum of 10 years working experience at journeyperson level
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, drawings and technical documentation
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Industrial Pneumatic and Hydraulics Systems
- All Position Stick and Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Operation of general shop equipment including but not limited to Drill Press, Bench Grinder, Plasma Cutter and Oxygen/Acetylene Torches, various Power and Hand Tools
- Working at Heights using various Man Lift and Access Equipment
- Working in Confined Spaces
- Machine Component Fitting and Assembly
- Other duties as required
The following are considered Assets:
- Experience with general maintenance machining using conventional lathe and milling machines
- TIG Welding Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel and Aluminum
- Journeyperson Certification as an Industrial Electrician
- PLC Programming and Troubleshooting
- G1 Gas Technician Certification
- Large Equipment Installation and Commissioning
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Compass Minerals is an equal opportunity employer that hires and promotes the best candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, or veteran status.
If interested and qualified, please apply online at www.CompassMinerals.com