North American Construction Group (NACG) has served as an industry leader in the heavy construction and mining industries for over 65 years. In that time, we’ve proven ourselves as a safe and reliable contractor who can complete projects of any size and scope. We’ve also taken a number of bold steps forward to broaden our footprint, expanding to mines outside our provincial borders, and providing third-party maintenance services to clients and customers.
In addition to providing employees with rewarding careers, North American has a whole lot more to offer:
- Significant Growth – As a company, NACG is rapidly expanding, and has practically doubled in size over the past year alone.
- Long Term Contracts – With over $1 billion dollars in contracted work booked through 2023, NACG can provide long term employment solutions and numerous opportunities for advancement.
- Commitment To Safety – With a top tier record for safety performance, NACG is dedicated to ensuring that everyone gets home safe, and constantly strives for a goal zero performance.
North American Construction Group is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected.
Become a member of the North American family today!
NACG is seeking an experienced Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic (Off Road) to join our dynamic and industry leading organization. Upon hire, you will be eligible for a $2500 Attraction Bonus and our long-term service awards which are made in yearly payments. The sooner you start the more you earn!!
Looking to build your career? You can earn up to $52.11 per hour (includes base rate, pension, training, vacation and general holiday pay, tool allowance and health and wellness – benefits, dental and disability). Successful candidates will also receive $4.50 per hour worked LOA and $225.00 per year of Boot Allowance.
This is a shop based position at our Ruth Lake facility, just outside Fort McMurray. Schedule is 14x14 and camp accommodations are NOT provided.
- Complete repairs on CAT/Komatsu/Hitachi equipment of all sizes.
- Work closely with peers in both maintenance and operations.
- Preventative Maintenance and servicing of all equipment.
- Check equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Trouble shooting systems – example: hydraulic, electrical & mechanical of all equipment and determine faults and extent of repair.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications.
- Mobilization of equipment for maintenance and repair.
- Develop work scopes and schedules for equipment to be repaired.
- Order parts for servicing, complete reports and fill out work orders.
- Teach and evaluate apprentices and mentor Mechanics.
- Follow NACG codes of practice and Safe Operating Procedures.
- Predominantly shop work, but may include short periods outdoors from time to time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A valid Alberta Journeyman Equipment Technician (Off Road) Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic/Technician (Off Road).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience post Journeyman certification on large Haul Trucks/Dozers/Graders and Excavators.
- Possess excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills and abilities.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Exhibit professional work behaviours.
- Committed to continuous learning.
- Experience with Cat SIS is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in daily work interaction.
All successful candidates must:
- Breath Alcohol Test
- Urine Drug Test
- Fitness-to-Work Assessment
- Audiometric Testing
- Vision Screening
- Criminal Record Check
Shift, site, and start times are subject to change.
All successful candidates MUST provide the following items prior to confirmation of their start date:
Once dispatched the following processes will occur:
Please note the entire On-boarding process can take anywhere from 3-8 business days.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED VIA PHONE OR EMAIL.