North American Construction Group (NACG) has served as an industry leader in the heavy construction and mining industries for over 65 years. In that time, we’ve proven ourselves as a safe and reliable contractor who can complete projects of any size and scope. We’ve also taken a number of bold steps forward to broaden our footprint, expanding to mines outside our provincial borders, and providing third-party maintenance services to clients and customers.
In addition to providing employees with rewarding careers, North American has a whole lot more to offer:
- Significant Growth – As a company, NACG is rapidly expanding, and has practically doubled in size over the past year alone.
- Long Term Contracts – With over $1 billion dollars in contracted work booked through 2023, NACG can provide long term employment solutions and numerous opportunities for advancement.
- Commitment To Safety – With a top tier record for safety performance, NACG is dedicated to ensuring that everyone gets home safe, and constantly strives for a goal zero performance.
- Competitive Compensation – NACG provides competitive compensation packages for all employees.
North American Construction Group is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected.
Become a member of the North American family today!
Looking to build your career? NACG continues to provide exciting opportunities to our employees.
Join NACG as a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic with Service Truck.
This position will be working out of our Fort MacKay shop.
- Complete repairs on CAT/Komatsu/Hitachi equipment of all sizes.
- Work closely with peers in both maintenance and operations.
- Solve problems from troubleshooting to diagnosis to repair.
- Trouble shooting systems – example: hydraulic, electrical & mechanical of all equipment and determine faults and extent of repair.
- Mobilization of equipment for maintenance and repair.
- Develop work scopes and schedules for equipment to be repaired.
- Order parts for servicing, complete reports and fill out work orders.
- Teach and evaluate apprentices and mentor Mechanics.
- Follow NACG codes of practice and Safe Operating Procedures.
Journeyman HET Requirements:
- A valid Alberta Journeyman Equipment Technician (Off Road) Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic/Technician (Off Road).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience post Journeyman certification on large Haul Trucks/Dozers/Graders and Excavators.
- Possess excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills and abilities.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Exhibit professional work behaviours.
- Experience with Cat SIS is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in daily work interaction.
- Current CVIP and Picker Inspection.
- Oxygen/acetylene cabinets that meet OH&S requirements.
- Full complement of tools for repairing Off Road Equipment.
- $5 million liability insurance
All successful candidates must:
- Be proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Have experience as requested as mentioned above
- Subject to Random Testing at: Suncor, Suncor Fort Hills and Kearl sites
- Undergo and successfully pass the following testing:
- Breath Alcohol Test
- Urine Drug Test
- Fitness-to-Work Assessment
- Audiometric Testing
- Vision Screening
- Criminal Record Check
Shift, site, and start times are subject to change.
All successful candidates MUST provide the following items prior to confirmation of their start date:
- CSO or BSO Certification
- CSTS Certification and OSSA Regional only required if candidate does not have the above certification
- Copy of Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Copy of recent Driver’s Abstract
- VOID cheque/direct deposit form
Once dispatched the following processes will occur:
- Will receive a call from NACG to set up all required pre-employment testing
- An email will be sent with all required New Hire Paperwork to be filled out
- After all results are received by NACG candidates will be contacted by Site Admin to schedule orientation and confirm your start date and other site specific details.
Please note the entire On-boarding process can take anywhere from 3-8 business days.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED VIA PHONE OR EMAIL.