Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Certified Welder will be a key player in the maintenance department. In this role, you will be responsible for the welding, fabrication, repair, installation and modification using MIG, ARC and TIG welding processes.
Specific duties include:
- Determine welding needs and offer recommendations for desired repairs and outcomes
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and other documents as required
- Perform repairs and installation on a variety of equipment and structures
- Troubleshoot equipment mechanical issues
- Participate in preventative maintenance on key machine centers, general equipment repairs and project related work
- Develop patterns for projects or follow directions given in layouts and work orders
- Clean, check for defects and shape component parts, sometimes using a cutting torch
- Assist other maintenance personnel when the welding workload allows
- Ensure all company safety procedures and protocols are followed
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a valid Alberta Journeyman or Interprovincial Welding Certificate
- Previous experience in a manufacturing facility is preferred
- Solid background in structural welding and SAP
- Millwright experience will be considered as an asset
- Safety conscious and positive attitude
- Exhibit strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and team building skills
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.