With over 60 years of experience, North American Construction Group (NACG) is a premier provider of heavy construction and mining services in Canada. Our focus on people and relationships, and our uncompromising commitment to health and safety, allows us to acquire some of the best talent in the industry. Our knowledgeable and talented personnel set us apart from the competition with an unrivaled attention to detail and level of care. We can tackle any job while still adhering to the highest standards of safety and quality.
Successful candidates will be required to join the OE955 union.
Initiation Fees for union = $533.95
Union Dues = $136.64/month
This is a site based position at Kearl. Camp Accommodations are provided and schedule is 10 days on, 10 days off, 10 nights, 10 off.
- Red Seal/Alberta Journeyman Welder with heavy equipment repair experience (preferably large Trucks/Dozers/Shovels)
- Past experience should include; Ice lugging, Frame welding, Dump body repairs, Bore welding, Excavator stick/boom repairs
- Trained and experienced with Stick, MIG and large wire-feed welders, radiograph, Cooper-heat, Plasma cutter, Lance, overhead crane, etc…
- Fabrication experience would be an asset
- Able to work outside if necessary
Client provided flights from Calgary/Edmonton
Currently at Kearl they have blended rates with no overtime.
All successful candidates must:
- Be proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Have experience as requested as mentioned above
- Subject to Random Testing at: Suncor, Suncor Fort Hills and Kearl sites
- Undergo and successfully pass the following testing:
- Breath Alcohol Test
- Urine Drug Test
- Fitness-to-Work Assessment
- Audiometric Testing
- Vision Screening
- Criminal Record Check
Shift, site, and start times are subject to change.
All successful candidates MUST provide the following items prior to confirmation of their start date:
- CSO or BSO Certification
- CSTS Certification and OSSA Regional only required if candidate does not have the above certification
- Copy of Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Copy of recent Driver’s Abstract
- VOID cheque/direct deposit form
Once dispatched the following processes will occur:
- Will receive a call from NACG to set up all required pre-employment testing
- An email will be sent with all required New Hire Paperwork to be filled out
- After all results are received by NACG candidates will be contacted by Site Admin to schedule orientation and confirm your start date and other site specific details.
Please note the entire On-boarding process can take anywhere from 3-8 business days.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED VIA PHONE OR EMAIL.