|Location||AB - Fort McMurray|
|Job Status||Full Time Temporary|
You are a Journeyperson Pipefitter with experience in the Oil & Gas industry. You will be responsible for rigging, fit up, and the connecting of piping in a crowded, fast-paced working environment. Your ability to ensure the safety of yourself and others is paramount and always top of mind. You’re a team player who is willing to lend a hand whenever assistance is required in order to get the job done. This is a long-term project opportunity with NO camp or travel provided.
Join the Ledcor Site Services team in Fort McMurray, AB now!
- Demonstrates knowledge of functional operation of various piping system components by measuring, cutting, threading, and bolting up, valves and fittings
- Performs bolt up, rigging, and hydro testing
- Assembles and installs piping sections according to blueprints and job specifications
- Working safely in a team environment such as working with a crew of pipefitters or working with a welder
- Performs physically demanding tasks such as cutting openings for pipe while standing for extended periods of time and securing pipe in hard to reach areas
- Uses testing equipment effectively to check for system leaks and troubleshoot fitting errors
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must possess a valid read seal journeyperson pipefitter certification
- 2-3 years on a lead hand pipefitter role is an asset
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS .09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification and OSSA Regional Orientation or Basic Safety Orientation certificate (BSO)
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver’s abstract and a valid class 5 driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, work at heights, be agile and able to go on/off equipment
- Applicants who reside in Fort McMurray will be given preference due to the location of the project
- Long term maintenance project
- No camp is provided
- No travel compensation provided
- $5.00 an hour up to $50.00 a day will be provided as a local living premium
- Daily bus transportation from town to site will be provided
- 14/7 shift rotation, working minimum 10 hours per day
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in rough terrain and under extreme weather conditions
Ledcor Site Services offers a unique set of maintenance services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From tailings pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!