Journeyperson Industrial or Heavy Duty Mechanic (Shaft) - (Rocanville, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reports to Shaft Supervisor
What you will do:
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with Nutrien safety policies and procedures
- Provide technical diagnosis, perform maintenance, complete troubleshooting and repair work on various shaft applicable equipment
- Support continuous improvement programs by maintaining equipment records and repair history and providing data for cause and failure analysis
What you will bring:
- Demonstrated commitment towards safety
- Red Seal Journeyperson Industrial Mechanic
- Must be able to train, write and maintain a Hoist ticket
- Stable work record with 3 to 5 years' experience, preferably in an underground mine
- Able to work around open holes and heights
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran