Startec Refrigeration Services Ltd. is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clientsâ€™ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Profile People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
JOURNEYPERSON INDUSTRIAL REFRIGERATION MECHANIC
We are currently recruiting for a motivated Journeyperson Industrial Refrigeration Mechanic to join our service team in Edmonton. We offer an excellent work environment, opportunity for advancement and a full benefits package.
- Perform start-ups, inspection, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance of refrigeration and compression systems, and the correction of system problems
- Read and accurately interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, and manufacturer instructions to independently construct, assemble and install equipment
- Train customers in the operation and basic maintenance of their systems
- Work with Parts personnel to order parts and supplies, and maintain inventory records
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service including prompt, friendly, competent and ethical service
- Work safely, observing all safety rules and regulations, and ensure a safe environment for others affected by the work
- Perform all work in accordance with our Quality Control program wherever applicable.
- Perform all work in compliance with the Startec Safety Manual
- Complete all paperwork and reports as required by the customer and Startec on a timely and consistent basis to help ensure invoicing is completed in a timely fashion
- Other duties that may arise during the performance of the job function
- Successful completion of a pre-employment functional (Ability to lift 50lbs)
- Drug & Alcohol test required
- Clean Driver's abstract required
- Ability to work independently and on-call
- 3 years of industrial Refrigeration experience. Ammonia experience is required.
- At least a 4th year registered apprentice (Refrigeration), Journeyman
- Basic computer skills required (Outlook and Internet Explorer)
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills
We offer competitive wages, training, flexible, dynamic, and exciting work environment.
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR