Journeyperson Painter / Industrial Painter - (Rocanville, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reports to Mill Mechanical Supervisor
What you will do:
- Complete all surface preparation work (preparation work, cleaning, abrasive blasting, etc.)
- Maintain blasting and painting equipment
- Responsible to complete all coating and lining applications (brush, roll, spray, etc.)
- Test and inspect surface preparation of coatings and application of coatings
- Ensure standards of safety, workmanship, surface preparation, coating handling, coating application, temperature, moisture control, drying, curing, inspection of blast profile and inspection of dry and wet film thickness are in accordance with Nutrien, Rocanville's paint specification
What you will bring:
- Red Seal Painter or Industrial Painter Journeyperson equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience painting and abrasive blasting
- Positive safety behaviour and safety leadership
- Industry Inspection and Industry Application certifications are an asset
- Microsoft Office is an asset
- Strong Mechanical aptitude and ability to work with others in problem solving atmosphere
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran