Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. We pride ourselves on the backbone of our organization as a team of dedicated veterans with a combined 175+ years of experience in utility distribution design, maintenance, and construction. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
We are currently searching for a Jr Electrical Designer, responsible for producing overhead and underground electrical distribution designs and drawing packages in our Edmonton office.
Typical responsibilities would include:
- Conducting site visits
- Compiling applicable design inputs
- Creating overhead and underground distribution designs
- Drafting AutoCAD, Microstation, and GElectric products for review and submission
- Conducting the appropriate electrical, telecommunication, civil, and mechanical design calculations, and modelling
- Reviewing drafted drawings for accuracy
- Compiling submission packages for reviews, approvals, and construction
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of project progress
- Coordinating with clients, consultants, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders
- Managing client expectations
- Facilitating material procurement and construction logistics
- Providing on-going design support during construction and commissioning of equipment
- Compiling as-built information
The eligible candidate must:
- Be an ASET-registered electrical, mechanical, or civil technologist
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and pride in their work
- Demonstrate from previous experience their ability to learn and adapt to changing environments
- Demonstrate strong English language proficiency
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Previous knowledge of and experience with EPCOR, FortisAlberta, and ATCO Electric design practices
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation, and GElectric AM/FM products
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and a number of career and professional development opportunities.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com.
Posting Closes on September 4, 2020
**Please Note, you must be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid work permit**
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please see www.primaryeng.com for this and other positions we are recruiting.