Initiative is different to other media agencies.
We are not trapped by a legacy structure primarily centered on paid advertising. Instead, we are liberated by a new world structure designed to deliver highly differentiated and highly effective communications strategies for our clients.
We’re not the biggest agency in town. So rather than outsize our competitors we must outsmart them. That’s why we’ve built the strongest strategic capability of any agency in the market. Core to this strategic capability is an obsession with culture and how brands can pivot from brand advertising (which is forgettable) to cultural branding (which is memorable).
Our new world model is comprised of four central “craft centers” – Client Advice and Management, Strategy, Communications Design and Partnerships.
Initiative respects that everyone has something unique to contribute to the agency.
We are a bunch of eclectic and brilliant misfits with diverse backgrounds that represent the unique fabric of consumers and culture.
We want you to be yourself. We want to hear your opinions. We want to see your passion and energy.
If you disagree with something you see or hear then speak up. We will never punish or penalize you for bringing something important to our attention.
If you believe you can improve something in the agency then speak up. We will always listen to your ideas and suggestions.
We will not tolerate harassment, bullying or corporate politics. We will not tolerate discrimination of any kind. We expect you to be responsible on social media and remember that you represent the agency and should not bring us into disrepute.
We are committed to your learning and development. The agency will organize regular training to enhance and accelerate your career – we expect you to prioritize training and actively participate.
We strive for world-class work on every client, every time.
We believe that good enough is not good enough.
The role of the Jr. Media Solutions Specialist is to assist the Communications Strategist in the preparation of media plans, recommendations and analysis. Where required, the Assistant will also purchase, document and maintain print, out of home and digital purchases. This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media planning team ensuring that the product is based on superior knowledge and strategic insights, and that the resultant media execution is brilliant and flawless.
- Purchase non-broadcast media to planned objectives within assigned budget
- Assist in preparation of client media billing estimates and BCR’s under the supervision of the Media Planner/Supervisor
- Maintain accurate computer inputting (insertion orders, post buy analysis input)
- Administrate and maintain the buy – insertion orders, estimates, billing questions and general documentation
- Trafficking and reporting digital media campaigns
- Maintain client records of contracts and line rates as appropriate
- Assist media planner with developing costing and data collection for plan for recommendations or analyses
- Prepare media evaluations under supervision
- To assimilate media and client knowledge through appropriate experience
- Attend media seminars and presentations as required
- Develop proficiency with syndicated media research systems and programs (e.g. BBM, Nielsen, LNA, NADbank, PMB, Clear Decisions)
- Become proficient with computer programs (e.g. Word, Excel, DDS)
- Plus additional responsibilities as agreed to, by you and your immediate supervisor
- Post secondary education – University graduate or advertising/marketing College degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Detailed, extremely accurate, and analytical
- Self-motivated, hard working
- Able to follow instructions
- Team player
- Knowledge of Excel and Word is a definite asset, but not mandatory
IPG Mediabrands is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in IPG Mediabrands, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted