Jr. Network Analyst-1900018276
This is a full time, permanent shift role located at 4100 Gordon Baker Rd (Scarborough) or 50 Reid Dr (Barrie) (Candidate’s choice). Networks Operations Center is looking for an energetic individual to fulfill the role of Jr. Network Analyst.
This is a 7 X 24 365 shift rotation with other team members (includes evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Manage, troubleshoot and resolve internetwork communication problems on mission critical IP based networks
- Configure and support Alteon and F5 Load Balancers
- Configure and support Cisco and Nortel Data Networks
- Customer and Network Operations Centre (NOC) Support
- Monitor all areas of network infrastructure and provide solutions to problems
- Responsible for Packet Inspection and Packet Analysis using network packet sniffing tools
- Optimize network infrastructure to provide business continuity
- Act as an escalation point for support of Load Balancers and Data network problems
- Responsible for peer implementation reviews and standards
- Act as a resource for all Load Balancer related problems
- Conduct root cause investigations and meet established KPI’s for problem resolution.
- Thorough knowledge of advanced protocol/trace analysis, statistical analysis and performance analysis
- 7 X 24 365 shift rotation with other team members (includes evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Develop and write recommendations for departmental policies, procedures, technical standards and guidelines
- Develop and write network infrastructure support documentation
- Participate in disaster recovery plans and activities
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Must have 0-3 years of hand-on experience supporting and maintaining a Cisco/Nortel based networks as well as Alteon and F5 Load Balancers
- Must have strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and web-based technologies; solid understanding of network management architectures and topologies (Layer 2/3) and outstanding troubleshooting skills.
- 0-3 of years’ experience in a network operations center (NOC) in a support role is required.
- Knowledge in Routing and Switching. ( CCNA Required)
- Some knowledge in troubleshooting and analyzing Juniper Firewalls (SRX and NetScreen)
- knowledge in troubleshooting and analysing Juniper Management systems (NSM, SPACE and STRM)
- Some knowledge in troubleshooting Checkpoint Firewalls (R75.x and above) as well as Checkpoint Management system (Provider One)
- knowledge in packet Inspection and packet analysis using network packet sniffing tools
- Proficient in the use of network management/monitoring tools is required. (eHealth, ITNM, ITNcM, Netscout nGenius)
- knowledge in Sniffers and packet traces analysis using tools like nGeninus, Infinistream and Wireshark
- Prior experience and understanding of ITIL standards as they related to incident/problem/change management is required
- Experience in implementing and supporting large complex mission critical IP based networks
- Excellent Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all level of the organization
- Expert knowledge of public/private IP, IP subnetting and network address translation.
- knowledge and experience with Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- knowledge and experience with Large Campus Switching architecture and protocols (Layer3, Layer2, VLANs, Trunking,, Spanning Tree)
- Knowledge of High Availability infrastructures (layer 2/Layer 3 redundancy and load balancing)
- In-depth LAN and WAN access implementations (LANX, T1, Gig-E, Frame-relay, MPLS etc)
- Network Authentication (RADIUS, TACACS+)
- Traffic management and Prioritization experience (QOS)
The Candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Impeccable communication and client facing skills
- Experienced team leader with good coaching techniques
- Strong team player, motivated self-starter and the ability to work autonomously with a high level of initiative
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.