Junior Acountant II
Are you a team player that helps make your workplace great?
Are you a self-starter who can see opportunities and offer great solutions?
Do you love to work and recognize what matters to you in our company’s values?
Please note: This is a 15 month full time temporary position.
The Junior Accountant II is a member of a dynamic administration team and plays an integral role in the accounting functions of the organization. Under general direction, you will provide support to the Accounting Operations and Financial Reporting teams in the Accounting Department. This position is accountable for accurate and timely posting and reconciling of all assigned tasks.
What does a Junior Accountant II do?
- Work within deadlines.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Work well with others either inside or outside department.
- Work independently or in a team environment.
- Detail oriented and high quality standard of work produced.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
What are some of the skills a Junior Accountant II must have?
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to answer questions and solve problems
- The ability to work well with others and thrive in a team-based workplace
- A knack for working quickly and accurately at the same time
- Is able to gathers input/information from a few different sources to reach a conclusion
- Always strives to consistently meet service standards
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
Preference given to those with experience preparing tax provision working papers, corporate income tax compliance and corporate GST returns.
MS Office (Excel/Word): Intermediate Skills: copy/paste, intermediate formulas (i.e. SUMIF, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, IF), formatting, saving, track changes, hyperlinks, sort, filter, group, spell/grammar check, views, protection, data validation, pivot tables/tables.Microsoft Outlook: Basic/Intermediate Skills: email, book meetings, file email, book resources, use task lists, notes, view other people's calendars etc.
This position requires between 2 - 5 years of progressive accounting experience depending on the level of education completed.
- Knowledge of Credit Unions/Financial Institutions is an asset.
- Knowledge of SAGE 500 is an asset.
- Intermediate understanding accounting including:
- able to understand journal entries and reconciliations
- document process procedures
- variance explanations within working papers
- basic understanding of financial statement impacts of actual or proposed adjustments
- Basic understanding of internal controls (COSO framework preferred)
Education and Training:
- Completed Accounting Certificate (or equivalent courses) and working towards Accounting Diploma;
- Completion of first year of diploma and beginning 2nd year with intermediate courses in
- Relevant experience will be taken into consideration.
See education above.
Any other special requirements necessary to do the job:
Occasional overtime may be required. Weekend or shift work, available to travel, etc.
The business may from time to time ask for branch and/or department support for special projects and/or areas experiencing staff shortages. All employees may be asked to volunteer to assist in areas of need during these times. These assignments could result in a change of hours, location, and/or travel.