Matchbox Consulting Group is currently searching for a Junior Construction Officer to act as the construction site coordinator and inspector on small civil, electrical, and/or mechanical projects to join on a contract basis for a lucrative Utilities firm in Vancouver.
- Inspect construction work which may be on substations, transmission lines, and hydroelectric equipment by using excellent skills in inspection procedures and understanding of construction methods to meet deadlines and comply with building and safety codes.
- Ensure work site safety by prioritizing the safe execution of work and performing Safe Work Observations under supervision using excellent knowledge in safety standards and regulations.
- Conduct or coordinate site testing, surveying, and estimating activities by using good working knowledge of engineering drawings to enable timely progression of projects.
- Support contract and/or work order administration by collaborating with contractors and/or internal construction services to ensure that the work, materials, progress, and costs meet expectations so that projects are implemented as planned.
- A minimum two (2) years of construction experience or equivalent.
- Diploma in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Technology from an Institute of Technology or relevant trades, apprenticeship courses, or equivalent.
- Training in contract law.
- Excellent working knowledge of safety standards and regulations such as Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Standards and WorkSafe Regulations
- Intermediate English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
Please visit our website at www.matchboxhr.com
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Gym Memberships
- Free Food and Coffee
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Performance bonus
- Work From Home
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Events
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid sick days
- Long Term Disability
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Vacation/paid time off
- Game Rooms
- Life Insurance