Junior Design Technologist
July 5, 2019
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution and telecommunication infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company
We have an opening for a Junior Design Technologist. You will be responsible for providing overhead and underground electric utility design at our Winnipeg location.
Your daily work:
- Design of underground and overhead electrical distribution and telecommunication infrastructure (4kV – 25kV, fibre optic and coaxial systems).
- Electrical and mechanical engineering calculations for underground and overhead systems.
- Lighting design and analysis using AGI32 simulation software.
- Design coordination with customers, municipal authorities, other utilities & various project stakeholders.
- Create design details in software such as AutoCad, SpatialNet, Microstation and Bluebeam.
- Project schedule management and tracking.
- Customer meetings and site inspections.
- Being part of a great team and shaping the future of the industry.
- Other duties as required.
You must have:
- An Electrical or Electronics Engineering Diploma from a recognized college or technical institution.
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work with mentors.
- Strong collaborative skills and eagerness to work independently with minimal direction.
- A passion for your work and a drive for excellence.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Experience working in an engineering design environment.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Small World GIS, MS Office and distribution design software.
- Experience with PLS-CADD, CYME, or AGI32.
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and a number of career and professional development opportunities.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please Note, you must be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid work permit**
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please see www.primaryeng.com for this and other positions we are recruiting.