We are looking for a recent College or University graduate to join our finance team. The ideal candidate will have graduated from a business and accounting program. We want someone who is excited about growing and learning finance with a small, but nimble team!
WHAT IS THE JOB
- Maintaining financial records for companies by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Reconciling general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Providing financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Correcting errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Maintaining general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaid; analyzing and reconciling retain age and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Maintaining accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Preparation of documents for external and client audits
- Providing assistance in preparation of the operating and financial results of the Division.
- Employees must meet the following requirements to be considered for this job
- University Degree or College Diploma in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 1 year finance and general accounting experience
- Employees must be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Employees in these jobs must possess, or be working towards, one or more of the following certification: Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Account reconciliation and analysis
- Previous experience in ERP system
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant collection, privacy, and credit-related legislation
WHY WORK WITH US?
Work for a proven employer: Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ Award 2018 Award recipient, recognizing top employers that display leadership and innovation in engaging their workplaces; since 1999, we have been one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our company invests a great deal of time and resources into recruiting, training, and mentoring the right people, and we want to retain them for the long-term! Build your career at a company who promotes from within (87% of our promotions stem from internal top performers.)
Check us out for yourself!
Twitter & Instagram: @bgocareers
Facebook & Linked: @BillGoslingOutsourcing
WHERE ARE WE?
16635 Yonge St. Suite 26
HOW TO CONTACT US
Apply now or reach one of our Branch Recruiters at 905-480-1917
Bill Gosling Outsourcing welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.