DescriptionSiemens Canada is building tomorrow’s talent. That’s Ingenuity for life.
For more than 100 years in Canada, Siemens has been offering engaging and sustainable employment opportunities to those shaping our future. It’s our tradition to promote lifelong learning, develop talent and recognize success.
Siemens is proud to be one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2018 (eight times total), one of Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 (six times total) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2018 (two times total).
Approximately 4,300 employees across Canada work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing. We stand for engineering excellence, innovation, reliability and responsibility.
Siemens Canada launched employee organizations - Women in Engineering (WIE) and Women Leadership Community (WLC). WIE has been established in collaboration with the Siemens Canada Engineering and Technology Academy and is responsible for affiliations with professional engineering associations. WLC meet once a month where keynote speakers share their career growth stories and provide career advice.
Portfolio Companies is a new and growing group of entities within the Siemens family. We are looking for an analytical talent to join our team. As Junior Financial Analyst, you will play an important role in all aspects of the financial operations and thereby, all areas of the business. This a great opportunity to collaborate and learn from other senior members, while enhancing your overall skills and experience.
What will you do?
- Complete the analysis of financial results to determine accuracy and completeness of information for all stakeholders
- Prepare various financial reports and business plans.
- Prepare and review financial forecasts, budgets, targets etc.
- Ensure compliance with budget allocations, forecasting and key internal controls etc.
- Perform financial analysis at semi-complex levels including rate of return, net capital employed, working capital investment, free cashflow and other cost analytics and financial performance comparisons.
- Present findings to Upper Management and Leadership Team.
- Perform full range of standard work for the professional field of accounting and finance.
- Identify and resolve more complex problems and apply problem-solving skills in order to deal with the situation.
- Collaborate with intercultural and international team-based environments.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce, or similar.
- Hold or currently pursuing Canadian accounting designation i.e. CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant)
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, financial project controlling, and assets management
- Proficiency / advanced skills with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Power Point are essential
- Asset: Experience with SAP and Qlik Software
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca
Organization Digital Industries
Unposting Date Ongoing