Requisition ID: 17132
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Junior Financial Analyst to join our team in Ottawa, Canada. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
The primary function of this position is to develop, interpret and implement financial forecasting and analysis and perform other related financial activities to determine present and future financial performance. Position is also responsible for tax compliance.
This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Assistant Controller. The ideal candidate will have experience in working in small teams to provide relevant and timely information to stakeholders and have the ability and willingness to work paid overtime when needed.
- Primary back up to accounting function.
- Perform cost estimating activity for customer RFQ’s and new business opportunities. Generate detailed analysis of the cost estimates and all assumptions utilized in preparing the estimates; prepare financial summaries using pricing requirements and cost estimating techniques to help with proposal team’s understanding and analysis of merits of new deal. Identify risks / opportunities, recommend solutions.
- Conduct or assist in the documentation of moderately complex financial analysis. Work with teams in developing and performing cost/benefit analysis.
- Responsible/provide support for projects associated with maintenance of income tax records, preparation of income tax returns and review of financial records to determine income tax liability, including annual SR&ED (Scientific Research & Experimental Development) return.
- Responsible for projects associated with preparation of sales tax returns and review of financial records to determine sales tax liability.
- Responsible/provide support for projects associated with transfer pricing, intercompany transactions and legal entity financial statements.
- May prepare and analyze inputs for monthly sales, profit, asset management, billing and forecasts. Perform same tasks for Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Strategic Financial Plan (SFP).
- May provide variance analysis of monthly sales and cash flow. Perform same tasks for AOP/SFP. Identify/quantify risks and opportunities to ensure that the team and management are informed of the financial status and impact.
- Other duties and ad hoc analysis as required.
- Function as a professional with knowledge of industry practices and how to apply principles, concepts and standards to resolve a range of issues. Plans own activities in accomplishing objectives under general supervision.
- Position requires someone with a minimum of two years’ experience in general accounting.
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline along with above identified skills and experience; or in the absence of a degree, six years of directly related experience along with above identified skills and experience.
- Experience with or exposure to SAP, ADP or Kronos a strong asset.
- Candidates must be eligible for a Secret level security clearance with the Government of Canada. (Requires Canadian Citizenship)
Job Skills & Attributes
- Strong communicator
- Takes personal initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Ensures information transmitted is received and accurately understood by others.
- Is customer service orientated - provides customers with quality experiences, establishing and maintaining effective relationships.
- Is dependable and detail oriented - accepts responsibility for errors made and develops a plan to prevent similar errors from recurring.
- Uses various software packages to prepare and review documents and records.
- Maintains a calm and positive outlook during stressful situations.
- Solid time management skills- able to prioritize work and manage coinciding deadlines.
- Able and willing to work paid overtime when required.
- Has a desire to develop a career in finance.
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
We offer pension and savings plans, with company paid pension contributions and a company matching program on employee group RRSP contributions.
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on any protected status.