At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
This is a 3 month full time opportunity with the possibility of extension
About the Role: We are looking for a full-time Jr. Food Safety and Quality Assurance Technician at our Edmonton Distribution Centre. You will report to the FSQA Manager and will be responsible for performing production quality checks.
What you will be doing:
- Be involved in quality control activities during inbounding i.e. visual quality checks, weight checks and data entry
- Communicate with FSQA Team, Procurement and Production in case of product quality non-conformance
- Create tickets when escalations are required for quality non-conformances
- Maintain photo database of product non-conformances
- Complete offline sorting of small volumes and lead sorting if a Production team is needed to complete the activity
- Perform Production quality checks, such as online kit and case checks and portioning checks
At minimum, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or related management work experience.
- 0-1 year experience in warehousing and/or food manufacturing
- Experience working in quality control is an asset
- Experience working in a GMP facility is an asset
- Flexible with working hours for business requirements, including early morning and late-night shifts.
- Comfortable working in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
- Able to lift up to 20 kgs
- Comfortable working in a cold environment and standing and walking for duration of shift
- Familiar with MS Office, Google Apps and comfortable learning new technology
- Comfortable learning and using new technology
- Team player who is comfortable collaborating with other departments but also working independently
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 75% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- Working with a fun, ambitious and supportive team
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.