Reporting to the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager, the Junior HSE Advisor assists with establishing and administering the Company Health and Safety program by coordinating the training, inspections, and industrial hygiene.
Key position functions:
- Conduct new employee health & safety orientation.
- Coordinate employee training and testing.
- Lead and assist with site inspections, hazard assessments, safety meetings and incident
- Assist with coordinating COR internal and external audits.
- Maintain current knowledge of OH&S regulations, codes and practices.
- Assist in maintaining the ongoing development, implementation and effectiveness of the company Health & Safety Program.
- Evaluate work procedures and environments to identify potential hazards and ensure that adequate controls are in place.
- Advise managers and employees about safe work practices and safety standards and regulations.
- Recommend appropriate procedures and equipment for safety and compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Assist with the development of health and safety policies and programs.
- Facilitate employee safety committees and programs.
- Promote safe work practices and injury/fatality prevention activities.
- Complete project work as assigned.
- Travel as necessary to fulfill above functions as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Preferred candidates will possess a combination of the following:
- Completion of a recognized OH&S certificate program. An OHS related designation (ex MSO or NCSO) would be considered an asset.
- Standard First Aid with CPR level C Certificate.
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (Provincial Act, Code, Regulations, WCB Act, etc.).
- Prior Occupational Health and Safety experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- 2 years of training experience.
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills. (internal and external).
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); knowledge of SharePoint an asset.
Stream-Flo offers a competitive salary, profit sharing and a comprehensive benefit program to prospective employees, as well as the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment, characterized by continued growth and strong business results.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.