Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a JuniorHydrologist to join our Water team on a full-time basis based in Calgary.
An overview of your role will include:
- Water balance and drainage basin analysis
- Statistically analysis of climate and hydrology data
- Water management and flood routing studies
- Hydrology and hydraulic modelling
- Baseline hydrological study design, instrumentation and field data collection
- Involvement in a broad range of other technical services in the field of hydrology
You will have a background in:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree specializing in Hydrology, Water Resources Engineering or related fields
- 1-2 years of work experience in the field of Water Resources Engineering (climate and hydrology data analysis, hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, hydrologic monitoring channel design, water balance analysis, hydraulics, fluvial geomorphology, mine water management)
- Experience in the application of hydrological and hydraulic models
- Experience working in a consulting environment and in challenging field work conditions is an asset
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Awareness or experience in other areas of environmental science and/or engineering
- Registered or eligible to be registered as an Engineer, or Engineering in Training in Alberta
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.