MECHANICAL PROJECT ENGINEER
Our client is a well-established engineering consulting firm specialising in the engineering, design and project management for industrial manufacturing projects, oil and gas and petrochemical as well as chemical process plants.
They are currently searching for a Mechanical Project Engineer 2 to 5 years of relevant experience to join them on an immediate basis.
The ideal candidate will be coming from an oil & gas or chemical consulting background.
- Conduct research into the feasibility and design for process production, specifically piping layout, hvac, mechanical equipment etc.
- Prepare pipe sizing/support details, load, and pressurization calculations.
- Use AutoCAD to proficiently create drawings for various plant requirements.
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications.
- Communicate with customers to understand client requirements and specifications.
- Liaise with other teams to complete the process drawing and other requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in an industrial consulting or chemical/oil and gas manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Experience in Industrial Mechanical Engineering design.
- P.Eng preferred, E.I.T is an asset.
- Experience managing/coordinating projects.
- Experience developing piping design criteria, specifications etc.
- Knowledge of Caesar modelling.
- Preparation of datasheets, report writing and project documentation experience.
- Working knowledge of ASME VIII and B31.1/3 mechanical codes is an asset.
- All candidates must have exceptional communication skills.
This is an immediate hire and our client will pay a competitive rate depending on experience level.
Please send qualified resumes to:
Modern Technical Staffing
905-477-3315 ext 303