To support our growth, Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking to fill a Junior or Intermediate Bridge Technologist position for our Calgary Infrastructure office. We will consider a range of candidates for these positions including recent graduates from a civil technology program or experienced Bridge Technologists familiar with local standards and contract specifications. As a Bridge Technologist located in our Calgary office you will provide technical support and inspection of bridges and culverts throughout Southern Alberta. Your primary focus will be the design, tender and construction inspection of standard bridges and culverts for several clients throughout the Calgary Region and Southern Alberta. Duties may also include project management and inspection on major bridges. You may also be required to provide project management or technical support to other projects from within our Water Resources and Community Infrastructure groups or other business units as required.
In the position you will be exposed to high quality mentoring and professional development opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Your primary responsibility will be the construction inspection of standard bridges and culverts in accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of Alberta Transportation
- Communicating with our client representatives and client managers
- Coordinating the work of our other business units may also be required to deliver this work to the satisfaction of our client
- Supporting the preparation of engineering reports including site assessments, design, drafting, cost estimates and report development
- Providing technical support during the construction of standard bridges and culverts
- Technical support for the design and construction of major bridges may also be required and the level of involvement on major bridges will be dependent on the experience and technical qualifications of the successful candidate
- Coordinate and participate in bridge/culvert inspection or girder fabrication inspection
- Coordinate and supervise junior inspectors, survey crews, material inspectors & contractors
- Preparation of tender and contract documents
- Construction and post-construction supervision
- Preferred candidates will be a graduate from a certified engineering technologist program
- C.E.T. member in good standing with ASET will also be considered an asset
- Other desirable qualifications include:
- Professional Technologist (P.Tech) or a Professional Licensee P.L. (Eng.). Scope of practice must include the design of standard bridges and culverts
- Certified under the Alberta Bridge Inspection & Maintenance certification process as a Class A or B Inspector
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with design and construction management of roadway and bridge related infrastructure projects; however recent graduates from a certified technologist program will be considered
- Ability to work independently on project assignments
- Ability to manage small project teams
- Client management skills
- Experience working with various public agencies including municipalities, Alberta Transportation, City of Calgary, Parks Canada, etc.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.