Junior Software Consultant
- Oakville, ON
- Flexible hours
- C#, VB.NET and SQL Server are preferred
At Callisto Integration we are driven by the belief that what we do makes a difference.
We make a difference for our customers by providing custom technology to service all their manufacturing needs: from automation programming to data analytics and consultation services
And we make a difference for our employees by maintaining a flat, decentralized company structure. We believe that when you hire the very best people, you don’t need to micro manage them. That’s why our employees have the freedom to work their own way, in an incredible work environment.
Our reputation means that many of our customers come looking for new, innovative solutions to difficult problems. As the direct contact for those customers, your contributions will be highly valued by coworkers and clients alike.
Junior Software Consultant
In this client-facing role, you’ll support our software development and integration projects for our clients. Using your technical knowledge of manufacturing software and systems, you’ll help translate their business needs into solutions.
Much of your work will be highly technical in nature. Drawing on schematics and conversations provided by clients, you’ll consult with our design team and offer insights on possible approaches and strategies. Success will require not only exceptional technical skills, but also analytical business skills.
You’ll also require very excellent people skills. You’ll build lasting business relationships with clients and ensure that they are kept up to date on progress and plans as we move through the design and implementation process.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Meet with clients and record accurate technical specifications of their requirements.
- Support (and potentially lead some) phases of software development life-cycle (SDLC), including requirements analysis, design, development/configuration, testing and implementation.
- Assess complex technical environments and define requirements for integration of new solutions.
- Test and implement new systems.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Design and develop / configure solutions using Microsoft technologies, SQL Server, and third party manufacturing applications.
Working with Callisto
Callisto fosters a creative and collaborative work environment. Because we don’t use the typical corporate hierarchy, our employees build unique relationships based on trust and respect. You’ll feel that difference from day one.
Hours will be flexible, and typically Monday to Friday. There will be frequent travel involved in this role.
Here’s what your compensation will include:
- A great starting salary, between $55,000 and $80,000 per year, depending on your experience.
- Benefits plan, including life insurance.
- Employee share purchasing program.
- Profit sharing bonus.
- Travel insurance.
We’re looking for someone to join our team as soon as possible. If you’re looking for a position that will challenge you each and every day, look no further.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree
- 1+ years of experience software development and integration projects.
- Experience working in a client-facing role as part of the software development process.
- Experience with software development in a manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Experience in the design and development of complex systems, including development of multi-tier enterprise scale applications is an asset.
- Experience using Microsoft tools, including C#. VB.NET and SQL Server are preferred.
- Valid passport and ability to travel within Canada, the US, and internationally.
- Eligibility for a TN or E1 work permit.
- Ability to pass a criminal record check.
How to Apply
Our online application gives you the chance to apply as more than just a resume. We’ll assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, which should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll be able to view your results.
We strive to build diverse teams that reflect the community, and encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.