Do you thrive in fast-paced technical environments and have a strong attention to detail? Are you eager to have a career where you are encouraged to meet your potential and have the opportunity to work for a prestigious company with an impressive global presence?
FDM is currently seeking a number of ambitious and driven candidates with the aptitude for IT to work as FDM consultants with our top clients, many of which are leading companies in the banking and financial services industry.
FDM creates and inspires exciting careers that shape our digital future. Through our Careers Program, we recruit and train those aspiring to become IT and business professionals before deploying them on to client sites worldwide. With centres across Europe, North America and APAC, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer.
We are currently seeking candidates interested in building a career in Quality Engineering.
As a Junior Software Tester you will learn the role of a technical tester in order to assure the quality of systems and applications through the full development cycle to meet client needs. You will be trained on the tools a tester needs to guarantee the developed system consistently meets the appropriate quality and performance expectations at all phases of a project. You will also develop cross functional skills relevant to all aspects of solution delivery in order to work alongside the development team to aid in eliminating any issues. You will become immersed in DevOps-oriented culture through the use of automated testing technologies at the demand of our high-profile clients.
Prior to working with our clients, successful candidates will receive intense technical and professional training in FDM’s state-of-the-art Toronto centre in the heart of the financial district. You become an FDM employee from day one and are paid during the training period before placement on-site with our clients.
Fast-track career progression is a key focus of FDM, and our program will put you on a pathway that could grow into leadership roles working within multinational organizations.
There is no better way to launch your career than with FDM!
- 4 year degree (preferably in Mathematics, Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or similar)
- A strong aptitude in IT and the interest and drive to expand your IT skill set
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A problem solver with a keen eye for detail
- A desire to work at a large financial firm and ability to increase your financial knowledge
- Able to engage yourself in a project and enjoy the challenges and processes involved
- Flexible, eager, ambitious, and adaptable to change
- Willingness to learn
- Geographically flexible for client placements throughout the Canada (most opportunities are in Toronto and Montreal)
- Able to commit to work for FDM for a minimum of two years working as an FDM consultant following the training period
- Eligible to work in Canada (citizen/permanent resident/work permit with sufficient length of validity)
- Knowledge of operating systems (Microsoft, UNIX, Linux)
- Exposure to one of the object-oriented programming languages (Java, C, C++, C#)
- Foundation in Excel
- Exposure to SQL
- Exposure to Selenium and similar Automation tools
- Project Management Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Test Driven Development, Waterfall
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle
- Passion for technology
FDM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial, or local laws.